Class D vs Class A/B

You've been the only one using anecdotal evidence this whole time with a **** ton of bro science thats coming straight out of your ass so yes this thread is done because you cannot offer anything of real substance.
I have an engineering degree bro, just not in electrical, so I don't go around pretending I can speak about this at a low level like you do :*)

I have an engineering degree bro, just not in electrical, so I don't go around pretending I can speak about this at a low level like you do :*)
Im an aerospace manufacturing engineer currently with lockheed and Boeing contracts so get off your high horse. So far you are the one mainly using anecdotal evidence so you are the low IQ urchin here bro.

I can't remember any particular amp that is class D that had audible distortion issues,
So why did you say that this was an issue with no evidence?
it has always been subjective measurments or opinions
So basically ********. Why is it that all these """experts""" can hear the difference but can't pull it off double-blind and can't quantify what it is that could make an audible difference?
I have an engineering degree bro
And rule #1 is that you don't need any data to prove one design or material is different from another, you just need some opinions.
Take the 30K challenge then
The "challenge" is to put your money where your mouth is and go out and prove you can hear the difference between class A/B and class D amplifiers. You have claimed they somehow will sound different but haven't provided any evidence. Not RTA measurements, not O-scope readings, and certainly not evidence of people consistently being able to hear the difference double blind.
You're the one making some wild claim here so the burden of proof is on you.

Class a-ab-b-c-g -h have analog outputs signals.
Class d has a digital signals which is essentially a Pwm( pulse width modulelated)output. Good class Ds sound fine if you don't approach the limits in which they sound like **** with odd order harmonics where as analog outputs are even order and sound much more natural.

That being said good class d can sound as good when properly done. And by the time you introduce an EQ time alignment etc its not possible to hear the difference honestly unless you push them really hard.

Last edited:

So basically ********. Why is it that all these """experts""" can hear the difference but can't pull it off double-blind and can't quantify what it is that could make an audible difference?

And rule #1 is that you don't need any data to prove one design or material is different from another, you just need some opinions.

The "challenge" is to put your money where your mouth is and go out and prove you can hear the difference between class A/B and class D amplifiers. You have claimed they somehow will sound different but haven't provided any evidence. Not RTA measurements, not O-scope readings, and certainly not evidence of people consistently being able to hear the difference double blind.
Brb taking the 50k challenge

im running a full range class d once I get it installed. I always get larger amps than necessary when doing full range class D In my vehicle. Don’t want to get anywhere near pushing it close to its distortion rating.

He literally sounds like the arrogant brick and mortar shops that think they are right no matter what proof or science is shoved in their face lmao.

Don't lose sight of the forest through the trees. Everyone here ascribes to some sort of personal psychoacoustic preference we can't quantify. Discussing them is what this forum is about, but there's no need for people to get angry or personal.

I think of it like being in a small club. Say you are in a group that really loves some certain wicker basket. There's only a handful of you in the entire world that sees the unique beauty in this particular basket. But you meet once a year and all you do is argue bitterly about what color the basket should be, or what the appropriate shape of the lid is.

The people so into car audio that they come to a site like this is a fairly selective group. And you guys have a lot more in common than you disagree on, relatively speaking.

The old class d has pretty nasty output signals that even decent o scopes struggled with unless you manually sound fine tune them because eventually its a DC pulse but once it sees resistance though the circuit it wound smooth the modulelation. But not tge output falters are substantially better and switching is often 80khz or better so its not noisy like the used to be and dampening slow rate and s/n is close to midrange class a/b amp's so they are pretty decent..

Class D suffered from IMD much worse THD although the was an issues IMD was often 10% or more at rated power

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.