Class D vs Class A/B

Radiospank

Senior VIP Member
Mar 27, 2012
los angeles
So why did you say that this was an issue with no evidence?

So basically bullshit. Why is it that all these """experts""" can hear the difference but can't pull it off double-blind and can't quantify what it is that could make an audible difference?

And rule #1 is that you don't need any data to prove one design or material is different from another, you just need some opinions.

The "challenge" is to put your money where your mouth is and go out and prove you can hear the difference between class A/B and class D amplifiers. You have claimed they somehow will sound different but haven't provided any evidence. Not RTA measurements, not O-scope readings, and certainly not evidence of people consistently being able to hear the difference double blind.
You're the one making some wild claim here so the burden of proof is on you.
Brb taking the 50k challenge

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
Nov 5, 2019
arizona
im running a full range class d once I get it installed. I always get larger amps than necessary when doing full range class D In my vehicle. Don’t want to get anywhere near pushing it close to its distortion rating.

Reactions: Jeffdachef

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
So why did you say that this was an issue with no evidence?

So basically bullshit. Why is it that all these """experts""" can hear the difference but can't pull it off double-blind and can't quantify what it is that could make an audible difference?

And rule #1 is that you don't need any data to prove one design or material is different from another, you just need some opinions.

The "challenge" is to put your money where your mouth is and go out and prove you can hear the difference between class A/B and class D amplifiers. You have claimed they somehow will sound different but haven't provided any evidence. Not RTA measurements, not O-scope readings, and certainly not evidence of people consistently being able to hear the difference double blind.
You're the one making some wild claim here so the burden of proof is on you.
He literally sounds like the arrogant brick and mortar shops that think they are right no matter what proof or science is shoved in their face lmao.

audioholic

not a moderator
10+ year member
Aug 31, 2003
Parts Unknown
Don't lose sight of the forest through the trees. Everyone here ascribes to some sort of personal psychoacoustic preference we can't quantify. Discussing them is what this forum is about, but there's no need for people to get angry or personal.

I think of it like being in a small club. Say you are in a group that really loves some certain wicker basket. There's only a handful of you in the entire world that sees the unique beauty in this particular basket. But you meet once a year and all you do is argue bitterly about what color the basket should be, or what the appropriate shape of the lid is.

The people so into car audio that they come to a site like this is a fairly selective group. And you guys have a lot more in common than you disagree on, relatively speaking.

Breaker

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oct 5, 2020
Usa
I have an engineering degree bro, just not in electrical, so I don't go around pretending I can speak about this at a low level like you do :*)
The old class d has pretty nasty output signals that even decent o scopes struggled with unless you manually sound fine tune them because eventually its a DC pulse but once it sees resistance though the circuit it wound smooth the modulelation. But not tge output falters are substantially better and switching is often 80khz or better so its not noisy like the used to be and dampening slow rate and s/n is close to midrange class a/b amp's so they are pretty decent..

Class D suffered from IMD much worse THD although the was an issues IMD was often 10% or more at rated power

Reactions: Radiospank

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)

Newest threads

Latest classifieds