I need suggestions for a 2017 suburban

Abrahamx

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sep 25, 2020
Usa
I just got a 2017 suburban and now that I have some money I would like to get a nice stereo system going but I hear there is not much I can do because of all the stuff, such as blinker sound, the backup camera etc..., that runs through the head unit? I casually talked to one shop and they said there is not much they can do. Last time I was in the market for a sound system it was the early 2000's and a lot has changed. My question is what can I do as far as the whole system and still have all or most of the oem features work still? I'm not talking about going all out with some crazy system, just looking for some volume, sound quality, and some punch. Hoping some one familiar with the vehicles or knows of what other suburban owners have done will chime in, or just your opinion on what you would do with a 2017 suburban?

huberoy123

Nov 6, 2013
Delaware
That's odd that there is no steering wheel control module for your vehicle. Contact crutchfield.com support, and ask them about the availability. Also, stop past Best Buy and ask the stereo install tech there about the module.

Have you considered just enhancing your system? Keep your head unit. swap factory speakers for better quality ones. Add an amplifier to power a subwoofer.

When I first started upgrading a factory stereo, I swapped out the speakers. Made a big difference in the sound. An additional amplifier and subwoofer came later.

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
Agreed on the JL products. Have the Fix 82 and TwK D8 and love them. It really is quite simple to install as well.

Abrahamx

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sep 25, 2020
Usa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have and am considering just enhancing the system if that is the only option. I also was not aware of the OEM integration stuff either. I'll be looking into those in a minute. I'm glad I stopped by and asked. Thanks for the replies.

Reactions: huberoy123

Abrahamx

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sep 25, 2020
Usa
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's odd that there is no steering wheel control module for your vehicle. Contact crutchfield.com support, and ask them about the availability. Also, stop past Best Buy and ask the stereo install tech there about the module.

Have you considered just enhancing your system? Keep your head unit. swap factory speakers for better quality ones. Add an amplifier to power a subwoofer.

When I first started upgrading a factory stereo, I swapped out the speakers. Made a big difference in the sound. An additional amplifier and subwoofer came later.
if you mean volume and channel controll etc...it does have that. The controls are on the back side of the steering wheel.

Reactions: huberoy123

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds