Class D vs Class A/B

Did I ever say he was my idol? Nope just put it out there to take the challenge and try and pass it.

Also where is the proof someone has passed and he hasn't payed up?

Next time don't put words in other peoples mouths on a forum, doesn't make you look good.

If u can't tell the difference then good for u .you can save money . The test has been defunked
like i said genetic abnormalities like pitch perfect which is extremely rare in humans can tell the difference while the biggest sample size aka everyone else cannot pass it. So unless you are born gifted, you are just like everybody else.

If you cant tune a proper system and rely on amp coloration alone then thats also on you bud. I can make any of your class A/B amps sound like my class D amps and vice versa.

Wanna back that up by taking the richard clark amplifier challenge that's objectively proven otherwise with a relatively large research sample size.

Only people that had a decent score had pitch perfect hearing a extremely rare genetic trait while every so called audiophile in the car audio universe all failed completely.
All I'm saying is in my experience I heard what I believed to be true. If in your experience of reading about sound tells u different that's fine by me. I'll use my ears you read a chart ***** I can't be happy with all sound the same $79 Walmart amp. I like trying out an Orion or a Wolfram cuz I'm curious

All I'm saying is in my experience I heard what I believed to be true. If in your experience of reading about sound tells u different that's fine by me. I'll use my ears you read a chart ***** I can't be happy with all sound the same $79 Walmart amp. I like trying out an Orion or a Wolfram cuz I'm curious
I also prefer the sound of vinyl over compact discs

I can't be happy with all sound the same $79 Walmart amp.
You're talking to guys who have over 10 grand tied up into their car stereos here. I promise you'll get one-upped if you try pulling some elitism crap here.
Bob Carver passed it
No. Bob Carver essentially came up with the idea by claiming he could recreate "the sound" of any amp on the market with his 400$ unit (by adding EQ and distortion).

If you cannot quantify what is diffent about class D and A/B amps that you could possibly measure or hear a difference this is all ********, but suit yourself, there's retards out there who pay 600$ for a 3 foot RCA cable and will swear to themselves they can really hear the difference and they've made a wise purchase.

You're talking to guys who have over 10 grand tied up into their car stereos here. I promise you'll get one-upped if you try pulling some elitism crap here.Wunfurltrue"]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Carver#Amplifier_modeling[/URL]
No. Bob Carver essentially came up with the idea by claiming he could recreate "the sound" of any amp on the market with his 400$ unit (by adding EQ and distortion).

If you cannot quantify what is diffent about class D and A/B amps that you could possibly measure or hear a difference this is all ********, but suit yourself, there's retards out there who pay 600$ for a 3 foot RCA cable and will swear to themselves they can really hear the difference and they've made a wise purchase.
Well I'm happy for you. My god all I tried to say my experience was and I might be biased and could a been sumthn I did never see such Nancy my feelings are hurt from an elitist

Ahh... it feels good to breathe the "rarified air"... I usually stay out of "esoteric audio" discussions but this one "triggered" me... lol.
Take this crap to diyma to have a REAL debate I'd say... there is so much "truth" over there it's quite illuminating.

Car audio.com is like going to the Walmart audio section. Everyone pushing the same low budget subs and claiming class D is the same as class AB because the man at Autozone said he heard both and Uses Eq off his pioneer head unit to make it sound warm like a tube amplifier.

Car audio.com is like going to the Walmart audio section. Everyone pushing the same low budget subs and claiming class D is the same as class AB because the man at Autozone said he heard both and Uses Eq off his pioneer head unit to make it sound warm like a tube amplifier.
This ^^^ is what I'm talking about... I digress.
I've never heard a pair of Milberts with the subs in the fenderwells... so i'm a walmart guy apparently

claiming class D is the same as class AB because the man at Autozone
No, we claim it is the same because Richard Clark still has his 10 grand.
You're claiming you can hear the difference between class A/B and class D amplifiers because you either over-paid for some antiquated design having been influenced by some bafflegab some "expert" told you (and expert who also did not collect Richard Clark's 10 grand).

If you believe class D sounds different somehow, can you explain why? Can it be measured with anything besides your bank account and your magic ears?

The butthurt is real here lmao. What refutes science is better science. Unless you prove otherwise with a large sample size you are absolutely as delusional as flat earthers. You can talk about whatever factor you think affects sound quality but none of that is objectively measured with proper sample sizes. You are entitled to your own wrong opinion though feel free to think however you want but until you have quantifiable data, your opinion is just that.

No, we claim it is the same because Richard Clark still has his 10 grand.
You're claiming you can hear the difference between class A/B and class D amplifiers because you either over-paid for some antiquated design having been influenced by some bafflegab some "expert" told you (and expert who also did not collect Richard Clark's 10 grand).

If you believe class D sounds different somehow, can you explain why? Can it be measured with anything besides your bank account and your magic ears?
I could explain why but that would be a waste of time on here, I’m just here to stir the pot and get the autozone audio crew mad. However, if you’re still itching for more Class D arguments just search it on other forums, namely home audio forums since they have much stronger Opinions backed with some sound logic, unlike here. We have the “take the 10k challenge” rofl comedy hour all day.

The butthurt is real here lmao. What refutes science is better science. Unless you prove otherwise with a large sample size you are absolutely as delusional as flat earthers. You can talk about whatever factor you think affects sound quality but none of that is objectively measured with proper sample sizes. You are entitled to your own wrong opinion though feel free to think however you want but until you have quantifiable data, your opinion is just that.
bro just take the 15k challenge! Stop playing around

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.