clamp 6-7k electrical?

I have a 6 phase hairpin 270 in there now.
You're coming up really tight on space in that Jeep anyway and for the cost of dual alt or throwing away your existing alternator to get one that claims 370 (hot I'd believe it when I see it) AND a couple more batteries and you're almost in for the cost of a LiFePo.

I'm looking to add more power at some point and I'm pretty convinced that's the way I'm going.

either way if you gonna get the 370 amp alt. Tell him to make ANY adjustments possible that you get full charging voltage no matter what the RPM is. OR tell him to mod the alt so that you can use some voltage control module like XS power's. I seriously believe that this is the most important step because the 370 not charging at idle is completely true and is annoying as fk. I have a 320 just like that and after i bought the alt, then singer brings up that fking option which requires me to take out my alt and ship it back to him and pay a fee.... FK that.

I clamp around 6.5k with a 320 amp alt.
I would have to look at what he said. I think he said it will charge at idle just very low. Obv id want it higher. But what is the highest idle id want daily? Say I can get it bumped up to 750 would that be enough to get the same output as my 270a does?

the control module is almost like an external regulator but the display goes inside the vehicle? Id like to charge at 15.0 even when hot. But doubt that can happen

I would have to look at what he said. I think he said it will charge at idle just very low. Obv id want it higher. But what is the highest idle id want daily? Say I can get it bumped up to 750 would that be enough to get the same output as my 270a does?
the control module is almost like an external regulator but the display goes inside the vehicle? Id like to charge at 15.0 even when hot. But doubt that can happen
Doesnt matter what he says, He has an option that forces the alt to charge at max even at idle. Its what he offered me AFTER i ran into alt issues. The XS power module does the same thing. Full power at idle is what you want especially if you plan on demo'ing a lot. Its fking annoying having your foot on the gas pedal and wastes a lot of gas too. I'm going through that hassle every time at a show.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.