got power still no sound

Participant count
  • Participant list

msladya

ok here is what i have done and where I am at so far..

I had 2 12 inch subs with 2 amps one for highs one for lows

my car is a 03 ford escape,..

I have a clarion eq I had put in when I got the second amp installed, .. now after all that was stolen

I have my head unit with clarion eq , I ran 2 sets of rca cables in the same spot the others that were cut were at,

however now I have a 5 channel amp and have no clue where to go from here

okay sorry if I was confusing, I will try to explain better..

Before my sub woofer and amps were stolen, I had my head untit and my eq i have 2 front speakers AND 2 back speakers and (2 tweeters that are factory one on each front door), I had 2 12 subs in one box i had 1 amp for my subs and one for my highs, only the 2 tweeters are factory

when they stole my speaker box the amps were bolted on the side of it and they cut all my wiring.. now the only part not able to be saved of course was the rca cables. I had 2 pair running they were blue and black,

Now I have replaced the speakers with 2 12 and now I have replaced the amps but only with one amp now and it is 5 channel.. I was advised that it would be better to get the 5 channel instead of 2 amps, at this point I just want sound,, I am supposed to be giving this car to my kid and I am kind of desperate to make sure the stuff is installed, but all the shops want to charge I think double because the items weren't bought from them,

Now the new rca cables are black and red, I took pics of the old cables while connected before running the new, but it is doing me no good cause new rca are black and red... I'm sure black goes to black but my connections on unit are red and white so head unit to clarion eq to hertz 5 channel amp to subs,

black and red rca cables all other wiring the same

Pics of EQ,HU,and Amp,and/or give us some model numbers of components.How you have the rcas ran fro each.And how it is wired will help.

RCA doesn't really matter which connects where assuming you're not using crossovers at the EQ or Head Unit.

If you have full range signal going back you can simply use the fader/balance to put all sound to left front for example and just plug in RCAs until you get the sound in the left front. Proceed with fader/balaance and process of elimination until each RCA feeds the correct output at the amp. Most 5 channel amps have a switch to "sum" the 4 input channels to provide source for the subwoofer output so you'll probably be using that.

Again, more details, model (of amp and EQ) and pictures of where it sits now would help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

msladya

msladya
los angeles
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
hispls