Northwest Region Cinco De Mayo Car Show & SPL Drag Racing, Sunday May 2, 2010 Pueblo, CO

AK,CO,ID,MT,ND,OR,SD,WY,WA
Thats why i like the whole bassrace, no matter how loud you are you can still win and it gives the smaller guys a shot at the bigger ones. But to be honest i don't think i would come to a show with sub classes and pay $20-30 to register if i knew i was gonna get beat by the same dude show after show. Steve is right about classing but we just don't have enough competitors for each "correct" class here in denver.
this i think if classing was set more fair more people would come like a amature/pro style so the newer guys arent discouraged and never show again.

this i think if classing was set more fair more people would come like a amature/pro style so the newer guys arent discouraged and never show again.
I hear ya Drew, but last year only full class was 2-12s category. Good showing also in 1 sub-2-10s. For drag style need to have at least 6 to make for true comp. I can add more categories, but if just 1-2 people in a class is not competition.

no your shows or are cool joe the heads up accounts in fairness last yr i almost lost to darren cause my deck froze. but i see where lack of competitors makes it hard to add classes as well.

no your shows or are cool joe the heads up accounts in fairness last yr i almost lost to darren cause my deck froze. but i see where lack of competitors makes it hard to add classes as well.
yeah i almost couldnt compete at the low rider super show because i blew a fusable link and had to fix it on the spot. but we got it done and i ended up loudest of show that day, but i had fun no matter what!. so anything can go wrong at at show and while its nice to win i will still show and loose, and enter even if i know i'm gonna loose. just like last year i entered every show and came in second quite a few times! but i love Car Audio and gatherings of Loud car stereos playing all day and demoing.

and the classes are as about as fair as they can be. maybe a forth place trophy. but when your the one paying for the trophys you end up spending a LOT of money on trophys and setting the event up and advertising. then running the show that day. so theres nothing easy about throwing a show. I'm doing it to bring people into the scene again i believe the sub classes are about as fair as you can get. james and I have thrown the last 4 shows in colorado if you include ours that is coming up this weekend on the 25th of april. we had 23 people enter this last show in the snow and rain. this show should have 30+, and i'm trying to make things as fair as possible. but i am sorry josh if you feel 30 dollars is too much to enter two events both of which have first place custom trophys. i'm sure you wont complain to much about Sundown charging you over $700 for you new 18s though!

dance around the questions thats fine.why would I be mad? if I wanted to be loudest at the show everytime i would have never sold you my stuff.I'm not worried about being beat.I have had my ass handed to me and I'm not scared.the only thing i see happening is a bunch of pissed off people that dont show back up. you can run your mouth to me all you want but we both know I'm right! when people start seeing that there is no rules or the rules go around your vehicle's build then people are not going to come back.
I'm not trying to argue with you god knows that will get us no where. I'm just trying to help you see light. I have seen bass comps come and go i have seen judges come and screw stuff up so bad that people will never go too one of there shows again.just like me and the iasca guy he is a loud mouth dick head that charges too much and dont have a display for his meter.

anyways on with the show
dude i should have never said anything about the roof. you tryed talking derick outta it but he wanted it. thats it thats all.

i havnt entered any of my shows and i wont because it is for the others that want to come up. i see i'm gonna just have to make the rule of music only at all my shows to make sure the general public that enters enjoys it.

i just dont understand Steve! why cant you just text me or Call me. you have my number! you call any other time. All i see this as is an attempt to throw rocks and make a person look bad!!!

but one of these days i will learn how to please everyone:wow:

dude i should have never said anything about the roof. you tryed talking derick outta it but he wanted it. thats it thats all.
i havnt entered any of my shows and i wont because it is for the others that want to come up. i see i'm gonna just have to make the rule of music only at all my shows to make sure the general public that enters enjoys it.

i just dont understand Steve! why cant you just text me or Call me. you have my number! you call any other time. All i see this as is an attempt to throw rocks and make a person look bad!!!

but one of these days i will learn how to please everyone:wow:
Why would i call you? this is not a personel matter! I just want you to be one of the better judge's and not piss people off. remeber when eddie was doing shows! anybody remeber the xbox seires? well there was no xbox to win after several shows.how about when soundtrack did several dbdrag events with the promise of custom awards with names and date and score on them?joe should remeber this because joe and his family drove down here in 3 cars I think just to find out they had canceled the show and the manager at that store had no idea there was a show.oh and after 3 shows with no awards i had to get the homeoffice involved just to get one cheap ass plaque!how about lennies shows? always showing up late because he was hot gluing the trophies together that morning and he was always changing the rules to suit a couple of cars he installed that week.how about the year quality auto did several shows but didnt let any car in that was not there customer!

anyways all I'm saying is sit down and make some rules for your shows.also you guys can do what ever you want with your rides just dont make me say

"I told you so" LOL

It will be good to see you Mike. Good luck with your new build. I know it will sound good, be loud, and be installed for longevity.
Steve, I guess you are right bro that I have a musical fart box.

I promise to add bassrace for next year Cinco show or at least expand for separation of a couple of street/advanced classes( 1 sub up to 2-10s Street and Advanced; 2-12s Street and advanced). Just need to have enough competitors to go head to head. Yes you can go to show and know other guy is louder, but with head to head run, **** can happen. It happened twice at Cinco last year where cars louder(3db+) lost because of problems. Winning a trophy is important, but enjoyment of the sport, meeting people, being apart of the action/show are more important. I started competing 22 years ago and it took a year to win a fourth place trophy. I have been competing against Steve and Mike for years, winning and losing to both. I've learned alot from both which means more to me than the trophies.
joe my my point about the box was that if you burp your system it still can play music.I'm just tired of hearing fart box,burp box you cant play music blah blah blah.

joe the best time I have had in years was the first time i did bassrace! you know i lost? but it was a great time.I also enjoy just hanging out with people BS'ing.

I luv to help people try and get louder even if it means I loose. trophies dont mean anything unless it's 4ft or bigger LOL. BUT the new blood dont think that way and thats the problem. when they loose too the same person over and over and over and they never win anything most of them will never show up again. or when some kid with 3 10's and a 800watt rockwood amp gets stuck in a class with the 2 james' and all the rest of the heavy hitters he wont show back up again.

MY point is around here you have to make it newbie freindly!

OH and mike you know if the tight ass boss would of let you change the burban you would have //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i'll do my best to make sure i get better at it. my goal is to bring the scene to colorado. we should have nationals here! this is essentially the center of the united states and can offer a better turn out. but thats later down the road. i would like to get a devision set up with some rules, but i need to sit down and come up with some rules and get a hold of surrounding states and people to help get it up and running like all the others.

i personally like the Gauntlet type competition format idea i had a while back! several events ranging from Bassrace ability, 30 second average on music ability, highest Spl from that same vehicle, and a Drive by. work with a point system from that and have a vehicle compete in all catagories to find out who has the best sound system that does High SPL numbers.

give the competitors several events so its more interactive for the competitors, and it is in it self a competition between the vehicle and the Controller. instead of who has the most money wins! this way there is room for malfunctions and mishaps, and on a point system you have to do good in all events to WIN.

How does something like that sound?

i'll do my best to make sure i get better at it. my goal is to bring the scene to colorado. we should have nationals here! this is essentially the center of the united states and can offer a better turn out. but thats later down the road. i would like to get a devision set up with some rules, but i need to sit down and come up with some rules and get a hold of surrounding states and people to help get it up and running like all the others.
i personally like the Gauntlet type competition format idea i had a while back! several events ranging from Bassrace ability, 30 second average on music ability, highest Spl from that same vehicle, and a Drive by. work with a point system from that and have a vehicle compete in all catagories to find out who has the best sound system that does High SPL numbers.

give the competitors several events so its more interactive for the competitors, and it is in it self a competition between the vehicle and the Controller. instead of who has the most money wins! this way there is room for malfunctions and mishaps, and on a point system you have to do good in all events to WIN.

How does something like that sound?
Sounds like MECA. I went to MECA show on Sunday in Albuquerque. I had to compete in all aspects to win Best of Best Trophy(SPL, SQ, RTA, Installation, Drive by bass). It was pretty cool. They place sensor on center of seat on podium headrest level measured 20" to windshield. I was 5db less in that location. All other competitors mentioned same results.

I like the ideas you have and I think they could be fun for everyone.I also have some ideas to throw at you that you can think about
well we should get together and make it happen! thats the only way i see our Car Audio Scene getting done.

Don't just leave us hangin steve, what's ur ideas?
well like a team run! draw 3-4 names from a hat have them all do a spl or 30 sec average music run and average all the scores.

have everyone run a 30,45,60hrtz tone average that score out

how about a radio run where they get 30 sec to find somthing on the radio and get a score from it? LOL maybe give them 2 runs

ummm how about a blind run where we draw a DB number from a hat and give them 30sec on music to get as close as they can to it without seeing the display?

well like a team run! draw 3-4 names from a hat have them all do a spl or 30 sec average music run and average all the scores.have everyone run a 30,45,60hrtz tone average that score out

how about a radio run where they get 30 sec to find somthing on the radio and get a score from it? LOL maybe give them 2 runs

ummm how about a blind run where we draw a DB number from a hat and give them 30sec on music to get as close as they can to it without seeing the display?
i like the average score from the 30hz 45hz and 60hz average, and the blind Draw without seeing the meter sounds like fun and competitive as well.

the radio run and the team run i dont think will work since this is a solo sport.

But to be honest i don't think i would come to a show with sub classes and pay $20-30 to register if i knew i was gonna get beat by the same dude show after show. .
i believe last year i showed up to every show with my Crx and Lost to you! 3 times i can remember for sure . but i kept coming because other people wantta see your stuff and hear it. thats what inspires others. So what your saying is its all about winning to you! Hummmm, and i thought you came to hang with the fellas!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

2loudcrew

10+ year member
2loudcrew
Pueblo, CO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from