choice for 0-$350 Bass headphones

Only The Best
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
texas
So I listen to a wide variety of music that includes everything from country to mostly dubstep and skrillex... I dont touch screamo **** though. I'm looking for some nice high quality headphones that I can wear for hours and feel the bass hardcore. Dont mention Beats, I've heard them all and they are too expensive for their inept ability to produce a decent sound response. I've been looking at the V-moda crossfade m100's as well as the beyerdynamic Custom One Pro headphones. From those two you can see where I'm getting at. If anyone could suggest some opinions it would be greatly appreciated.

Ive had several pair of headphones and VMODA have been the most comfortable. They have a V shaped sound signature. Never heard a pair of Beyerdynamics but I see the 880's tossed around alot. I stick to mostly IEM's. I really like my set of Aurisonics ASG2.0's. They have a nice low end and tunable port as well, but are about double your budget.

Ive had several pair of headphones and VMODA have been the most comfortable. They have a V shaped sound signature. Never heard a pair of Beyerdynamics but I see the 880's tossed around alot. I stick to mostly IEM's. I really like my set of Aurisonics ASG2.0's. They have a nice low end and tunable port as well, but are about double your budget.
a tuneable port???! whattt... Im curious to know how loud those headphones are from a "passerby"... cuz I am a college student as well so I kinda want to make sure that other people cant hear my headphones at full blast while im at the library

audio technica pro700mk2, v moda crossfade lp, Sony XB 500/700, logitich UE 6000/9000. there's always tradeoffs on the sound spectrum, the bassier the headphone, the less clean the sound is. The audiotechnica one is like a darker sound then the popular ATH m50s but has a lot more bass when amped and EQed (requires portable amp like fiio e11) The vmodas get a lot of output when amped also and sound pretty clean. The sonys dont really need to be amped, they already have crazy amounts of deep bass, waaay more then beats but mids and highs are lacking to an extent. the logitechs are a cleaned up version of beats bass trebles and mids wise, with lots of features and portablity with ANC. for your genres i'd say either the v modas or Audio technicas with a fiio E11 or Digizoid ZO if you want even more bass.

Try to get the best source possible, to me Ipod with lossless music files is the bare minimal as a source, research into high quality music players.

But believe me, if you love bass, the Digizoid ZO is your friend.

Friend of mine at work has a pair of Sony MD-X10's. They're pretty flashy, like along the lines of the Beats but I've tried them out and they're insane. We sit at our desks 8 hours a day and I've gotten a chance to model a lot of different cans. I've got a 250 dollar pair of Sennheisers and the Sony's blow these away. They're not only extremely tight on bass for hip-hop but I listen to a lot of 70's like Steely Dan and Supertramp and they rock everything. I believe they're pretty cheap now too. Maybe 100-140 bucks neighborhood.

the skullcandy skullcrushers are very budget friendly if you want to keep it on the very low end. but i love these. they are amazing for the price. feels like a mini subwoofer is in the headphones. check out this video.

i say definitely give these a try.

audio technica pro700mk2, v moda crossfade lp, Sony XB 500/700, logitich UE 6000/9000. there's always tradeoffs on the sound spectrum, the bassier the headphone, the less clean the sound is. The audiotechnica one is like a darker sound then the popular ATH m50s but has a lot more bass when amped and EQed (requires portable amp like fiio e11) The vmodas get a lot of output when amped also and sound pretty clean. The sonys dont really need to be amped, they already have crazy amounts of deep bass, waaay more then beats but mids and highs are lacking to an extent. the logitechs are a cleaned up version of beats bass trebles and mids wise, with lots of features and portablity with ANC. for your genres i'd say either the v modas or Audio technicas with a fiio E11 or Digizoid ZO if you want even more bass.
Try to get the best source possible, to me Ipod with lossless music files is the bare minimal as a source, research into high quality music players.

But believe me, if you love bass, the Digizoid ZO is your friend.
I see you reccomend the v-moda crossfade LP but not the m-100 is there a reason why?

i havent heard the m-100s yet so i cannot vouch for it. everything else i've tried personally for a good bit of time.
that digizoid bass amp looks NUTZ... sadly i only saw one used at amazon for 315$ hahah. but the fiio e11 was like $50. I think whatever I get I'll roll with the fiio. I'm just curious to know what the difference between the old v-moda and the new one

and in addition i will add.. the only high end headphones that I have heard are the $400+ beat pro, dr. Dre and to be honest I wasnt very impressed with the bass response on them nor was I impressed with the full volume loudness which wasnt enough... so I'm hoping that with each of the other options they are either as good or better in some way.

Sol Republic makes amazing stuff as well, affordable and customizable(if that matters) they don't sound like *** either. I prefer earbuds, but their headphones rock too from what I've listened to.

that digizoid bass amp looks NUTZ... sadly i only saw one used at amazon for 315$ hahah. but the fiio e11 was like $50. I think whatever I get I'll roll with the fiio. I'm just curious to know what the difference between the old v-moda and the new one
what the hell?? i got mines for 120 shipped straight from the site. I guess now that its out of stock and they are releasing version 3, people think they can jack up the price of it.

also the beats pro actually has more controlled bass with moderately flat EQ response meanwhile the beats studio is like a fart canon with uncontrolled trebles. Be sure not to use the headphone amp on a head phone that has a preamp already built in, there's issues with signal clipping when it comes to headphones too.

EDIT: Forgot to give a special mention to a very fun headphone. The beyerdynamic custom one pro, i only had 20 mins of listening to it inside a store but it sounds pretty nice, it can be adjusted to become a closed, or open-ended headphone with adjustable ports and has different EQ settings with extra bass being some of them. and active noise cancelling. definitely worth a shot to audition out for a few mins at your local guitar center or best buy. just remember with heavy bass, open up the port and it'll start wanging or else it'll sound muddy when closed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man i dont know i just wasnt impressed with the beats pro... i figured for 400$ i could find something much much much better

I have a Fiio E11 and a Yulong Audio Sabre DA8. The E11 is fine for the average user. Depending on the headphones you get it will be completely worthless though. If the headphones have a low ohm load and high sensitivity you wont need an amp.

You already hinted at not wanting other to hear the audio so that pretty much forced you into a closed back style headphone. If your willing to look into open back heapdhones why not look at the HiFiMan HE300's or HE400.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.