6X9 speaker choice

I’d stick with the Morels and invest the money into improving the sound deadening. You’ll get a bigger improvement in SQ by adding to your deadening than just switching out the speakers. The Morels are a pretty darn good speaker and you would have to spend a pretty penny to get a noticeable improvement with new speakers.

I dont have the Morels anymore. I sold them when I traded the truck in. I was looking at other speakers like the CDT, Hertz, alpine X and Image dynamics in the $500 price range. Wondering if any were better in any way? They also need to handle 150X2. I will have the doors deadened with install of new speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

I have an extra pair of these, NIB, $100 shipped!
Excellent!! Looks to be in tact. It will be a workhorse for you man
Might be time to try something new as it sounds like it is the limitaion of the speakers. I’m not in the habit of recommending JBL but a buddy of...
This is still a very nice Deal package for an entry level amp set up for some quality amps for the money...
If the JLs are not entry level, then do not torture yourself, just go for it. You already enjoyed those DS18s. In case you do not like them, the...

About this thread

chucku3

chucku3
goffstown N.H.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
ThxOne