Amp Choice for DC Audio 12" LVL3 M3

Participant count
  • Participant list

bukshot

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
Hello I am going to be running a DC Audio 12" LVL3 dual 2 ohm subwoofer (rated at 900W RMS) in a custom ported enclosure. I need help with an amplifier choice.

My car is running stock electrical but I'll soon be upgrading the battery to an AGM version. I have 4 gauge oversized OFC wire running from the battery. I was looking to run the sub @ 4 ohms for less stress.

Would this amp be a good choice:

Sundown Audio SAE-2000D V.3 - Rated at 700w RMS @ 4 ohms​

Or should I go a bit bigger and do something like:

Sundown Audio SAE-2500D - Rated at 1200w RMS @ 4 ohm​

There is also this one:

Sundown Audio SIA-1250D - Rated at 800w RMS @ 4 ohm​

I'm not partial to Sundown amplifiers or anything but can get a good deal any of those 3. If you have any suggestions I'd really appreciate the help.

2500 seems a better fit to me...I'd rather have a little extra than be right on the line
I was thinking the same. So I should be ok with 4 gauge OFC wire powering that once I set the gain extremely conservatively? (wired at 4 ohm)

Probably...really depends on the length of the run though...the longer a wire gets the lower the carry capacity gets (at least from how I understand it).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...