**** CHINESE instructions! help with wiring

Ali2627

Got an andriod head unit for the 2012 honda accord looks great sounds great! Just one major problem........

So the damn thing is blinding at night the brightness doesn't go down with the headlights on or with time. Literally 100% blinding light until i manually change it in settings and then have to turn it up during the day to see.

The wiring harness that came with it was in Chinese and i don't get what to do its already installed and ive taken it down 2 times to try and fix it. Anyone deal with these generic head units? know what color i need ? and what wire of the oem harness i need to tap into?

**important the oem radio works still the headunit is just a screen connected to the oem radio by aux! thus the big old wiring harness seen

PICK OF WHAT I BOUGHT
s-l1600.jpg

pick of other seller seems close enough with better detail!!!!! but not mine!
I think the wiring harness i got is where the dimmer would be?

Maybe it's a canbus bug. If so you need to add a resistor to your dimmer wire.
lol ur gif hahah

I dont think its a canbus but either way do u know any method to perhaps get a software control dimmer ? like once its 6pm it auto dims ? im able to download apps off the andriod store perhaps may even get a new OS if u know any thats easy to install

I think the wiring harness i got is where the dimmer would be?
That orange wire in the #5 harness should be the dimmer wire. All the rest seem standard color coding so that should be it.
As an experiment you could snip that wire midway and see if the backlight goes off, you can always just splice it together afterwards. If it does turn off, you may splice that resistor that marc2112 suggested. Maybe an universal bass knob can be used as a brightness adjuster.

That orange wire in the #5 harness should be the dimmer wire. All the rest seem standard color coding so that should be it.
As an experiment you could snip that wire midway and see if the backlight goes off, you can always just splice it together afterwards. If it does turn off, you may splice that resistor that marc2112 suggested. Maybe an universal bass knob can be used as a brightness adjuster.
Orange huh, would be taping that wire to a positive side of a 9v square battery trigger it? i guess i can test it i think i have it hooked up to constant power as it powers the buttons on the side from what i was told.

Orange huh, would be taping that wire to a positive side of a 9v square battery trigger it
I do not think it is a trigger. I think it is more like a light bulb, the more power, the brighter it shines. So the power it gets should be variable. Only the Yellow wire should have constant power. Red wire goes keyed while Orange is for Dimming.
s it powers the buttons on the side from what i was told.
What do these side buttons do?

lol ur gif hahah

I dont think its a canbus but either way do u know any method to perhaps get a software control dimmer ? like once its 6pm it auto dims ? im able to download apps off the andriod store perhaps may even get a new OS if u know any thats easy to install
No I don't know.

hey what voltage would a radio need to be powered up by? 12v dc? (just want to test the wires at home not running it with speakers so i guess i could get away with lower voltage?

and would a 9v battery trip the dimmer wire? just taping the postive side?
:)

UPDATE!!!!!!!!
I found it to be the orange wire for dimmer but i dont know what wire in my oem harness is the one i need to tap into ive been probing with a test light nothing shows its ment for high v so i guess the small amount wont show....

anyone able to help out?
2012 honda accord base!

The dimmer switch in your vehicle is a potentiometer. This means it sends X voltage through depending on what position the switch is in. The orange wire then changes the brightness of the screen backlight based on the voltage it gets. So, logically I would assuming you could tap the power wire on the back of your dash dimmer switch and connect directly to the orange wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.