Check out these slime line speakers!Weird!

That could be pretty cool if it doesn't sound like poop. No more having to make kickpanels, just stick it on your headliner lol.

that would be insane if they could make it large enough or have enough to cover each door and the headliner as long as it didnt sound like crap

that would be insane if they could make it large enough or have enough to cover each door and the headliner as long as it didnt sound like crap
Yeah,you have to wonder if they sound even half way decent. Man that would be crazy if they did

I have seen numerous types of speakers and subwoofers that came out in 99 that haven’t hit the mainstream yet. That seems like the same concept of ribbon speakers that you find in those richie high end stereo shops. I read an article a few years back that had a 1 cubic ft plexi box and for the sub, they used a compressor type motor that moved a piston like phucking a chick. And it had a hole down the center shaft. They said there was hardly a limit capping the maximum power-cubic ft ratio. And the test showed unheard of accuracy in all the fq ranges. I haven’t heard about or seen that since. I don’t think that this film type speaker would be better than having conventional drivers we use now. I think the imaging issues would be a major problem. And you might need more channel spectrums for fading and balancing. Seems like it would be a hell of allot more work. And it doesn’t say anything about power handling about those nor temp req. In a car that chit could get up to 160 in the summer. That metal would expand and contract and eventually fail. IMO of course.

I have seen numerous types of speakers and subwoofers that came out in 99 that haven’t hit the mainstream yet. That seems like the same concept of ribbon speakers that you find in those richie high end stereo shops. I read an article a few years back that had a 1 cubic ft plexi box and for the sub, they used a compressor type motor that moved a piston like phucking a chick. And it had a hole down the center shaft. They said there was hardly a limit capping the maximum power-cubic ft ratio. And the test showed unheard of accuracy in all the fq ranges. I haven’t heard about or seen that since. I don’t think that this film type speaker would be better than having conventional drivers we use now. I think the imaging issues would be a major problem. And you might need more channel spectrums for fading and balancing. Seems like it would be a hell of allot more work. And it doesn’t say anything about power handling about those nor temp req. In a car that chit could get up to 160 in the summer. That metal would expand and contract and eventually fail. IMO of course.
I remember something about those too. And yes, I agree about not mentioning specs...Im thinking they might just be more of a marketing technique.."Flexible" but still interesting nonetheless.BUT maybe,just maybe,they sound crystal clear! Yeah right. Now that I think about it,what would be the benifits of using them besides space. Maybe to use in areas that have alot of contours of curves. It would eliminate the use of costom shaping. You would just "stick" or wrap it to existing shape....If that makes sense...Maybe the best benifits would be for basic sound from a multimedia system...of for just "fill"...who knows...But I would like to see some working prototypes in action....You never know...After all,bose system produce ALOT of sound from those darn Small sattelite speakers. I think thats what they are called.All I know is I heard some that were approximately 4 inch x 4 inch square and 3 inches deep(Box cube shape) and the sound emitted from these tiny things were simply amazing....Why is it we never really know much as far as specs from Bose products? Secret technology or what LOL

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.