Cheapest car to get loud?

When people say on 5k or on 10k, do they mean after box rise or before? Because I had a taramps hd3K wired to 1 ohm but box rise had it to 4 ohms, meaning instead of 3600 watts I was getting about 1400 (or something like that I forget). When I do this next system I'm going to prepare for that and buy an amp that does what I need it to do at 4 ohm instead of 1 ohm.
Depends on the person. A lot of people think if they run a 5k amp they are running 5k.. A lot of people don't realize that voltage drop and box rise will play a big roll in power..

Depends on the person. A lot of people think if they run a 5k amp they are running 5k.. A lot of people don't realize that voltage drop and box rise will play a big roll in power..
Yes it was a rude awakening when I realized I was getting 1/3 of power due to box rise and I had to buy a whole nother amp! I never got around to buying a bigger amp lol I just sold everything and bought a sports car for a change up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

Does a subwoofer's RMS rating matter in terms of loudness of the sub? Like if an 18 inch sub has a 600rms rating vs an 18 inch sub with a 1200rms rating. How does wattage matter in terms of loudness?

Not around here. Ricers. Ricers fucking everywhere. Hondas. Everwhere. I see 5 crxs a day easy.
trucks and suvs are a lot easier to find around here in Louisiana. I looked at CList and CRXs Integras are going for around 2K and Blazers and Rangers are going for under 1K lol. That's why I'm leaning more towards one of those.

If I were to get either a Blazer or a Ranger, what year is best? Or are they all the same?

Don't honda crx peak at like 50hz-70hz? Fvck that. Get a old cheap Tahoe Burban Yukon or ext cab truck. 5.3 and 6.0 motors can have lots of alts added easy and flat bpillar wall you will have your hair tricks.

Don't honda crx peak at like 50hz-70hz? Fvck that. Get a old cheap Tahoe Burban Yukon or ext cab truck. 5.3 and 6.0 motors can have lots of alts added easy and flat bpillar wall you will have your hair tricks.
I have no idea where mine peaks at. i do know that i have extremely boom bass in the 50-80 range that i have to eq out.

OP once you've done a few hair tricks it's not all that exciting. If that really is your only goal there are much better ways to spend your $$$$.

If you're still determined to do it: S10/Ranger with a blow thru or car/SUV with B pillar wall. Lots of cone area like 4 18's, or less cone area and more power. Most hair tricks are songs around 30-35Hz, so you want an enclosure/subs that will move a lot of air at those freqs. Flat wall or 4th order will both get the job done.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.