Cheapest car to get loud?

Well you have one of two options. Either a small car with lots of cone area(wall) but not alot of space for amps and such. Or a big car like a van or the ever so popular tahoe. And throw as many alternators and amps and subs as you can in it.

You could also do a single cab truck with a blow through, as long as your fabrication skills aren't complete ****. You can pick S10s and Rangers up for cheap. Buy a bed cover or camper shell and cut your hole. My Rangers truck peak is 35 sealed up, so it makes a great demo truck. Sounds a lot louder than it really is too.

You could also do a single cab truck with a blow through, as long as your fabrication skills aren't complete ****. You can pick S10s and Rangers up for cheap. Buy a bed cover or camper shell and cut your hole. My Rangers truck peak is 35 sealed up, so it makes a great demo truck. Sounds a lot louder than it really is too.
You know I might go with that because I was looking at getting a Ranger just to see how ridiculous I could make it look by lifting it 20 inches and putting 55 inch tires on it :p. Does anyone have any knowledge on blow through builds like how much money would it take to get to 155?

You know I might go with that because I was looking at getting a Ranger just to see how ridiculous I could make it look by lifting it 20 inches and putting 55 inch tires on it :p. Does anyone have any knowledge on blow through builds like how much money would it take to get to 155?
Between 1000 and 2500 depending on how much you actually will listen to it. 1000 is just for burps, 2500 is upgraded everything and you doing your own fab work.

I don't think it takes as much money to reach 150 as much as it takes ingenuity + room to work with. I have seen 2 15"'s reach 145-150db but there was a lot of engineering in the box to get there, single cab 90 Toyota with snug top, the whole bed was the box, wall between cab was intact but not the window area. Brands used, Pyle and I believe the amp was PG. This was early 90's, Opelika, AL car show.

You can get loud for cheap at high frequencies. If you want loud, low, and flat it will be expensive.

155 flat from 30-60hz will cost you some coin

155 @ 60hz in the Kick with a fart box is doable for much less money. Will require lots of testing/time and a decent amount of money, but is attainable if you set your mind to it.

I just want to hit 150 with an IB setup as low as I can. That and a hairtrick are the ultimate goals for my car.

You can get loud for cheap at high frequencies. If you want loud, low, and flat it will be expensive.

155 @ 60hz in the Kick with a fart box is doable for much less money. Will require lots of testing/time and a decent amount of money, but is attainable if you set your mind to it.

I just want to hit 150 with an IB setup as low as I can. That and a hairtrick are the ultimate goals for my car.
In all reality though, after the needed electrical upgrades, and equipment and wood he'd be hovering right at $1000 in a fart box sealed. I suggested Rangers because they peak between 30 and 35 for the model I have. Perfect daily ground pound truck.

My ultimate goal, when I win the lottery, is hair tricks with a ***** ton of 6.5 home audio Bose speakers in the back of an 80's model S10 with camper shell.

I'd say a cheap crossover or an old SUV or van you can wall off. Depends on the practicality you want. Your daily driver, I'd do a crossover. Your weekend show stopper, van or SUV walled. I don't see a setup like Meades as practical. Not knocking him. The weigh and money in woofer, batteries, boxes, air ride/shocks sound deadening. 2 big 15s in a crossover or nasty dedicated wall in truck/van.

Tahoe or Yukon etc cuz u can get quad alts easy. Then bpillar wall with 6 18s or 8 12 or something and lots of power and u will be slamming. U can find like 98-2002 years for 2000-3000 on craiglist with higher miles. But the 5.3 and 6.0 will run for ever.

Or ext can silverado or quad cab. Wall it and be loud cuz tony cabin air space.

I still vote single cab blowthrough. If you do the system first, and then go to a show with the stealth truck, and get the guy with the biggest attitude, and ask him if he wants a demo lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Based

CarAudio.com Elite
Based
Louisiana
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from