Cheap SQ Build in 330ci

Is it just me or did I read SQ and cheap together?
Most SQ equipment is high dollar...

Sound good and cheap go together better imo...
SQ can be had on a budget. Not competition SQ. How much you think I paid for my system? Everything from the HU, deadener, wiring, etc.

I own a single 13w6 and am only running it on 250 watts, which pounds pretty hard and has amazing SQ. Not sure why anyone would want more than 1 13w7, especially if you're going to be using it as a daily driver (you didn't mention, so I am assuming); it begins to hurt the ears after a while. For SQ setups most people I know invest in 1 dang good sub with great SQ capability.

A dual 13w7 setup is gonna cost you quite a bit ($750 x 2 + $600 for the amp you want). Between my sub, enclosure, and amp I'm up to $750. Do you really need to go that loud? Also, I know some people don't like the sound of the W7's in comparison to the W6's. And, with 2 W7's are you not planning on ever using your trunk? I've got a newer Camry and my ported enclosure takes up 1/3 of my trunk space. The W7's need much bigger enclosures. Anyways, just thought I'd suggest the W6's for SQ and pose some though-provokling questions. BTW, JL Audio is not really for the person on a budget... Personally, I wouldn't use anything else no matter what the haters say.

Oh, and you're also going to have to do some serious sound deadening with a dual 13w7 setup....Look on youtube, just one of those speakers will flex body panels.

I own a single 13w6 and am only running it on 250 watts, which pounds pretty hard and has amazing SQ. Not sure why anyone would want more than 1 13w7, especially if you're going to be using it as a daily driver (you didn't mention, so I am assuming); it begins to hurt the ears after a while. For SQ setups most people I know invest in 1 dang good sub with great SQ capability.
A dual 13w7 setup is gonna cost you quite a bit ($750 x 2 + $600 for the amp you want). Between my sub, enclosure, and amp I'm up to $750. Do you really need to go that loud? Also, I know some people don't like the sound of the W7's in comparison to the W6's. And, with 2 W7's are you not planning on ever using your trunk? I've got a newer Camry and my ported enclosure takes up 1/3 of my trunk space. The W7's need much bigger enclosures. Anyways, just thought I'd suggest the W6's for SQ and pose some though-provokling questions. BTW, JL Audio is not really for the person on a budget... Personally, I wouldn't use anything else no matter what the haters say.
Thats because the W7 is a more accurate driver with less distortion. People arent used to that so they prefer the W6 which isnt as clean.

JL is over priced for what you get.

I forgot to mention you're probably going to have to do the "big 3" upgrade if you go with the 1000 watt amp.
BS. Depends on the stock alternator and battery size. I ran 1400+@1 in my 99 Grand Prix with a OEM battery and no big 3 with a 100a alternator and never had dimming lights or issues until I was on full tilt for longer than 5 minutes.

JL Audio subwoofers ****. Period.

Well what you get is a subwoofer of exceptional quality that will perform under heavy abuse and keep ticking. Not all of us are looking to explode our brains with cheap bass. BTW, It's generally the ID Max guys that I see coming out the hardest on JL. No matters, I own JL and I know it's quality first hand. As far as the W7 vs W6, you can refer to the many, many, many forum threads that can be found by searching the net. I have scoured the net and found no other opinion than that the W6 is more accurate, but the W7 is deeper. You're the first person I have ever heard say the W6's were less accurate. Lastly, I said he would "probably" need a big 3 upgrade. At least he will know to look into it. None of you even brought it up... These are things for him to consider, which I mentioned. I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination.

Thats because the W7 is a more accurate driver with less distortion. People arent used to that so they prefer the W6 which isnt as clean.
JL is over priced for what you get.

BS. Depends on the stock alternator and battery size. I ran 1400+@1 in my 99 Grand Prix with a OEM battery and no big 3 with a 100a alternator and never had dimming lights or issues until I was on full tilt for longer than 5 minutes.

Well what you get is a subwoofer of exceptional quality that will perform under heavy abuse and keep ticking. Not all of us are looking to explode our brains with cheap bass. BTW, It's generally the ID Max guys that I see coming out the hardest on JL. No matters, I own JL and I know it's quality first hand. As far as the W7 vs W6, you can refer to the many, many, many forum threads that can be found by searching the net. I have scoured the net and found no other opinion than that the W6 is more accurate, but the W7 is deeper. You're the first person I have ever heard say the W6's were less accurate. Lastly, I said he would "probably" need a big 3 upgrade. At least he will know to look into it. None of you even brought it up... These are things for him to consider, which I mentioned. I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination.
The ID guys have a reason to hate on JL. They are every bit of quality and SQ as a W7 for a superior price point. Not to mention they are a much more efficient driver.

The W7's are more accurate in terms of reproduction.

Im glad you realize that. Im also sure that your countless hours scouring the net for reviews on the W7 are pretty useless. Everyone and their Grandma at any local chain thinks the W7 is top of the top when in reality its not even close.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.