Cheap SQ Build in 330ci

I own a single 13w6 and am only running it on 250 watts, which pounds pretty hard and has amazing SQ. Not sure why anyone would want more than 1 13w7, especially if you're going to be using it as a daily driver (you didn't mention, so I am assuming); it begins to hurt the ears after a while. For SQ setups most people I know invest in 1 dang good sub with great SQ capability.
A dual 13w7 setup is gonna cost you quite a bit ($750 x 2 + $600 for the amp you want). Between my sub, enclosure, and amp I'm up to $750. Do you really need to go that loud? Also, I know some people don't like the sound of the W7's in comparison to the W6's. And, with 2 W7's are you not planning on ever using your trunk? I've got a newer Camry and my ported enclosure takes up 1/3 of my trunk space. The W7's need much bigger enclosures. Anyways, just thought I'd suggest the W6's for SQ and pose some though-provokling questions. BTW, JL Audio is not really for the person on a budget... Personally, I wouldn't use anything else no matter what the haters say.
the w7 is not $750 lol, you can buy them brand new for around $580 on amazon. I used to own a w6 for my first setup and it was good for the first year, but after it just wasn't enough for me anymore. I pushed 600 watts rms to it and it just wasn't enough. My buddy is getting his w7 installed in his mercedes with the jl 1000/1 amp so if I like it than i'll be interested in going with the same setup, but after my wedding. I'm only a budget for now, till the wedding, after wards I really wont have one.

I forgot to mention you're probably going to have to do the "big 3" upgrade if you go with the 1000 watt amp.
for 1000 watts, na I wont.

Oh, and you're also going to have to do some serious sound deadening with a dual 13w7 setup....Look on youtube, just one of those speakers will flex body panels.
It's fine, Ill put some dynamat to control the rattle inside. I'm trying to sell an 18" Fi BTL that rms's(

Thats because the W7 is a more accurate driver with less distortion. People arent used to that so they prefer the W6 which isnt as clean.
JL is over priced for what you get.

BS. Depends on the stock alternator and battery size. I ran 1400+@1 in my 99 Grand Prix with a OEM battery and no big 3 with a 100a alternator and never had dimming lights or issues until I was on full tilt for longer than 5 minutes.
Yes, I agree, JL is way overpriced, and their is better out their for the money. I just want to go with a JL setup, thats all.

Oh and yea i've decided to just go with 1 sub

the w7 is not $750 lol, you can buy them brand new for around $580 on amazon. I used to own a w6 for my first setup and it was good for the first year, but after it just wasn't enough for me anymore. I pushed 600 watts rms to it and it just wasn't enough. My buddy is getting his w7 installed in his mercedes with the jl 1000/1 amp so if I like it than i'll be interested in going with the same setup, but after my wedding. I'm only a budget for now, till the wedding, after wards I really wont have one.

for 1000 watts, na I wont.

It's fine, Ill put some dynamat to control the rattle inside. I'm trying to sell an 18" Fi BTL that rms's(

Yes, I agree, JL is way overpriced, and their is better out their for the money. I just want to go with a JL setup, thats all.

its like a status thing on bimmerforums e46fanatics and m3post.....must haz jl'z

If you know JL is over priced and the performance to price ratio can be beaten then why would you still buy JL instead of a superior product for less money?

Grab that Alpine V12 5 channel and that Peerless sub. It will go perfect with that amp. Then you can amp your front components bridged or you can save the amp and run it as a 4 channel later down the line.

If you want to keep all the same brand in your car, the easiest is probably Alpine. I'd take a Type X over a W7 any day, especially at less than half the price. If you want REAL old school SQ I still have those 1997 made in Japan Alpine amps. Grab one of those for now and you can scoop up a type-e for cheap as hell for temp. Just remember, the equipment is only as good as the install. Your W6 was a good sub but did not perform the way you wanted because of the terrible box.

Direct me to a far superior sub/brand?
Anything made by TC Sounds. Anything old school by MB Quart. Old school OZ Audio "superman" subs. By superior I mean in terms of reproduction. Im not talking SQL. Ultra subs, Image Dynamics, etc. The list goes on. You just have to search.

Why the hell is this discussion 3 pages long about an "sq" install dealing with the one speaker in an "sq" system that plays so **** little of the frequency range ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Why the hell is this discussion 3 pages long about an "sq" install dealing with the one speaker in an "sq" system that plays so **** little of the frequency range ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
His SQ build revolves around the OEM speakers. ;P

His SQ build revolves around the OEM speakers. ;P
Then he should be concerned with a proc ( ms8, bit one yada yada ) and not the sub lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Then he should be concerned with a proc ( ms8, bit one yada yada ) and not the sub lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Thats what I said in his other thread. He wanted iPod functionality as well so I pointed him to the Alpine PXE something.

Im really digging TC Sounds. I will get different components once I go with my true SQ setup. Ill probably go with image dynamics or eclipse for the components. What would you guys say is better SQ, the TC sounds LMS-R 12" or the TC-AXIS 12" ?? I'd like to go with two after the wedding, the w7 idea has been scrapped. Also what should I pair these up with ? I was thinking a Saz1000d or 1200d for each sub?

The Epic looks nice as well but I want SQ bass plus when I need it I want that extra power their.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.