Chaseinbass 96 GMC rebuild sort of ?

Mine works like a champ on my iPad just not on phone. I will call them and see what they say. I do love it so far though and the amp upgrade , really woke my system up and sounds 10 times better and I don’t even really know what I am doing so it can only get better !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chris, aka cscstang is loving his dsr1 and multiple 900.4s in his mustang setup too. Those ppi amps are workhorses bridged lol. he got a bunch for his as well. I'll be trading out my ct 500.2 for a pair of 900.4s as well later this year.

Ya he’s a good dude ! He designed my enclosure and made the octo ports for me. The 900.4 are starting to get hard to find everyone is out and not sure if they will get more ?? I need one more as well , my original one has a bad channel so tweeters are not bridged yet .

chris, aka cscstang is loving his dsr1 and multiple 900.4s in his mustang setup too. Those ppi amps are workhorses bridged lol. he got a bunch for his as well. I'll be trading out my ct 500.2 for a pair of 900.4s as well later this year.
Do you by chance remember what system gain was set at on cscstangs ? To get same volumes I had to set it at 12.0db and I think that was 1.5 volt ?

Do you by chance remember what system gain was set at on cscstangs ? To get same volumes I had to set it at 12.0db and I think that was 1.5 volt ?

we have our volume on the head unit at maxed, chose 1 volt, all the speaker/sub levels are at -3.5 to -7 db levels. Volume controlled by phone's volume knob. Gains are at 20-40% tops.

Also one more question and I will leave you alone lol , did you run sub rca s through DSR1 ? I didn’t I bypassed and have a lc1 to adj sub level quickly. Maybe I should run subs through dsr 1 and I could still use Lc1 to quick adj ?

Also one more question and I will leave you alone lol , did you run sub rca s through DSR1 ? I didn’t I bypassed and have a lc1 to adj sub level quickly. Maybe I should run subs through dsr 1 and I could still use Lc1 to quick adj ?

Straight to the DSR-1. we ran front and sub for input rcas to the dsr1 so the sub level control still works on the head unit.

Well I started playing around and looking to see if I can even fit a set of the prv 5” neo mids in my A pillars as suggested and I don’t know that’s pretty big speaker to fit there , problem is on old body style gm s is the large bumped up dash on drivers side. I got plenty of room on passenger side , well not plenty but more than on drivers side. This is about the only way I can make it happen.

b7e16462c4289d2246804b7264578ff3.jpg

2cfc9b2050e95b637c47931b513daebb.jpg

4da383d8f5d6d75b5c856110f1405a69.jpg

74ea2bdbf81a40894220e54a4a576fbe.jpg

8b2112cf09737a723b4c3d3f99e00e04.jpg

5864a0b80ebfb2b3a374e79eb3ed3d91.jpg

This will put the mids and tweeters pointing slightly downwards? Anyone think that will cause any problems?

Maybe a little deeper but it really starts to get in the way of visibility and I really don’t want to get a tickets for them lol, I also saw an idea on Diyma putting tweeters and mid side by side with the tweeter on the outside. I will play around some more and see

why not kicks?, it must be weird to have 1 side of a stereo signal blaring 2 feet away from your face and the other way on the other side of the vehicle. at least you can kinda equalize path lengths a little better if you go down low with them. plus it wont look so gay

Should I try for the 6” neo as well if going into the kick and would I need to build it sealed or vented maybe ? Or since it’s a mid will it do ok ?

No room unless I rebuild emergency brake and I live in the mountains so I have to have it so it’s a possibility but would take quite a bit. Or I could do smaller mids in the pillars maybe try the faitalpro 3s I have see how that goes

You putting a 6" midrange in the a piller?
Was going to put a pair of 5” prv neos in pillars but that’s just too big and in the way of view out windshield so I have a pair of faitalpro 3” neo that I could do in pillars pretty easy so my have to go that route.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ChaseinBass

CarAudio.com Veteran
ChaseinBass
Calif
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from