Chaseinbass 96 GMC rebuild sort of ?

Appreciate the offer man.....but someday I'd like to buy some new amps. That's gonna be hard w/o my wife bitching about it!!
Ya I hear ya lol maybe you can save up a little stash of extra cash you know change and couple bucks here and there till you get enough? Car audio is an expensive hobby period and trying to do that and raise a family would be tough. Just keep your priorities straight and it will all work. You can build a big system when you get old like me ha ha !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya I hear ya lol maybe you can save up a little stash of extra cash you know change and couple bucks here and there till you get enough? Car audio is an expensive hobby period and trying to do that and raise a family would be tough. Just keep your priorities straight and it will all work. You can build a big system when you get old like me ha ha !

Old like you?! I think I may be older than you lol. But ya I've saved up $$ before. Bonus checks help too from work. Just recently bought a monster 5 ch amp to go into the s10. So you...when work starts getting busier, and the o/t starts in, I'm gonna work as much as I can.

Ya I saw those ? Think they would sound good down there ? And also wondered about them not being sealed up ? I actually liked them for what they are.

I think they sound great but you cant fit a deep 6.5 or a 6.7. i wouldnt expect loads of midbass out of them but they are on axis

Q logic is just plastic. You already have the FG skills to make better for way less money. Are A-pillars out of the question? Two 4s per pillar would work wonders

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Q logic is just plastic. You already have the FG skills to make better for way less money. Are A-pillars out of the question? Two 4s per pillar would work wonders
have you even seen or listened to them

I think they sound great but you cant fit a deep 6.5 or a 6.7. i wouldnt expect loads of midbass out of them but they are on axis
I saw them and was thinking maybe I could go with 6.5 in the q logics or make some either way but the prv s are almost 3 “ deep and as you said I wasn’t sure if they would fit ? Or how they would sound down there next to two pair of Anarchy’s mid bass ? Or should I try the A pillars with the 5 “ prvs ? What do you guys think I should do ? Guess I could try both ? Still kinda worried about foot traffic on the kicks cuz it is my work truck ? But I do like the look of the q logic kicks.

I saw them and was thinking maybe I could go with 6.5 in the q logics or make some either way but the prv s are almost 3 “ deep and as you said I wasn’t sure if they would fit ? Or how they would sound down there next to two pair of Anarchy’s mid bass ? Or should I try the A pillars with the 5 “ prvs ? What do you guys think I should do ? Guess I could try both ? Still kinda worried about foot traffic on the kicks cuz it is my work truck ? But I do like the look of the q logic kicks.

kick panel on axis will definitely work. You can just use a wood spacer to bring it out an inch or two.

So you vote 6.5 in kicks over 5 in pillar ?

yeah that would be decent as well. I have my 6.5s in the kick atm and they do very well. I plan on moving them up to the dash though, It just helps the soundstage a little bit but i have plenty of room. You dont.

If you can fit 6.5s in kicks. Absolutely. Height cues dont come in until 8k or 5k in harmonics. Thus why we can put tweeters high and mids low and still have a high stage

yeah that would be decent as well. I have my 6.5s in the kick atm and they do very well. I plan on moving them up to the dash though, It just helps the soundstage a little bit but i have plenty of room. You dont.
Ok so if I am going to do kick panels I am thinking I could do the 6.5s or I could probably do the 8” prvs as well it’s only an inch difference in diameter and less than a 1/4 inch in depth. If I go with 8s I will have to build the kicks and if I do 6.5 s I could use the Q logic ones or build my own. Oh ya I missed a set on Facebook last night for 40 bucks and they looked like new still //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif oh well maybe that’s a sign to make my own ? There kinda pricey for what they are ? Quality looks good though just look really flimsy molded plastic that would need some fiberglass work to function well . Ok back to why I posted lol ! What would I gain by using the 8” over the 6.5 prv neos ? Looking at the specs which I know nothing about other than the sensitivity is the same at 96 dB so would they both be equally loud ? Esp down in the kicks ?

Ok so if I am going to do kick panels I am thinking I could do the 6.5s or I could probably do the 8” prvs as well it’s only an inch difference in diameter and less than a 1/4 inch in depth. If I go with 8s I will have to build the kicks and if I do 6.5 s I could use the Q logic ones or build my own. Oh ya I missed a set on Facebook last night for 40 bucks and they looked like new still //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif oh well maybe that’s a sign to make my own ? There kinda pricey for what they are ? Quality looks good though just look really flimsy molded plastic that would need some fiberglass work to function well . Ok back to why I posted lol ! What would I gain by using the 8” over the 6.5 prv neos ? Looking at the specs which I know nothing about other than the sensitivity is the same at 96 dB so would they both be equally loud ? Esp down in the kicks ?

I'd go with the 6.5s, you'll want that space down there. The cone area wont help much.

Picked up a new set of q logic kicks locally off Craigslist for 75 bucks and got them painted and stuck a pair of faitalpro 3 s I had originally bought to put in my pillars but decided to go with the prv 6.5 in the kicks as suggested. But I just wanted to hear these so I mounted them in the kicks first before I modify them for the 6.5 , I also have a pair of hd 61 cdt s I may try in there to while I wait on the prvs.

714b734de59737f27bb50443a67e8709.jpg
4dc441414f4ee4a895a527e4d2b97a4f.jpg

Stuck the kicks in this morning and got to hear the faitalpro 3s and they sound good not super loud but it is only 3 “ but it did have surprisingly was bass for such a small speaker and I think they would do great in some pillars in a little smaller build. I yanked them out and made some quick baffle spacers and threw in some hd 61 cdts I had in my shop stereo and I really sounds pretty good and gets louder , I can’t wait to get the prvs in there !

d51dcf84f6b1dfe41beccbb85728ee09.jpg
56bf03df938758a4717e627d687c0d8f.jpg
1c93120b4dfb8801df66870a17001590.jpg

I will make better baffles out of plywood or plastic once I decide what I like best and paint them or something to make them blend in.

Picked up a new set of q logic kicks locally off Craigslist for 75 bucks and got them painted and stuck a pair of faitalpro 3 s I had originally bought to put in my pillars but decided to go with the prv 6.5 in the kicks as suggested. But I just wanted to hear these so I mounted them in the kicks first before I modify them for the 6.5 , I also have a pair of hd 61 cdt s I may try in there to while I wait on the prvs.
714b734de59737f27bb50443a67e8709.jpg
4dc441414f4ee4a895a527e4d2b97a4f.jpg

that's pretty lucky, texture looks weird but maybe its correct for your year. mine are nowhere near that glossy lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ChaseinBass

CarAudio.com Veteran
ChaseinBass
Calif
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from