Chaseinbass 96 GMC rebuild sort of ?

Was going to put a pair of 5” prv neos in pillars but that’s just too big and in the way of view out windshield so I have a pair of faitalpro 3” neo that I could do in pillars pretty easy so my have to go that route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why not put the mids/tweeters up high in the door panel?

You have some 10" midbass?

we have our volume on the head unit at maxed, chose 1 volt, all the speaker/sub levels are at -3.5 to -7 db levels. Volume controlled by phone's volume knob. Gains are at 20-40% tops.
Gains ? Gains on amps ? Set with o scope or just turned a little less than half way ?

Why not put the mids/tweeters up high in the door panel?You have some 10" midbass?
Not really anyplace big enough left and I have a pair of Anarchy’s 7 s midbass in each door already.

0603928add900eb082a8ebb805ad5da3.jpg

Nah, I am really liking the three way and tweeters are not bridged yet either, that amp has a bad channel so I gotta get another one soon and either make some rca cables or buy some nice ones cuz I got a freakin mess of Y cables and rca cables back there now I gotta get cleaned up . I got a lot of learning to do to get this tuned but I will get it I think. Also I just kinda guessed on gain settings so I prob need to get them all matched I don’t have them turned up to high right now. But I am thinking I need to do that first before I try to start heavy tuning ?

Any idea how/why the 1 ch doesn't work on your amp? I discovered on my 4 ch amp, one channel quit working also. Thought it was my speaker but turns out the channel doesn't work anymore (it used to)....I'm baffled. But, the rest of them work fine.

Any idea how/why the 1 ch doesn't work on your amp? I discovered on my 4 ch amp, one channel quit working also. Thought it was my speaker but turns out the channel doesn't work anymore (it used to)....I'm baffled. But, the rest of them work fine.
No idea at all ? It made some terrible noises and quit while I was driving one day. I expected to have a bad speaker or wire something along those line but it was the amp. I took it apart and checked to see if it was maybe a rca connection broke loose so re soldered and still nothing ? I am going to replace it soon. Sell you it cheap and you can use it for a good 3 channels to add to yours ?

Not really anyplace big enough left and I have a pair of Anarchy’s 7 s midbass in each door already.
0603928add900eb082a8ebb805ad5da3.jpg

I mean. I see quite a few places. Would take glass work tho. Could modify the dash and possibly hvac system or build center console with mids. Seen it in the 150+ builds.
Remember. You dont need barely any airspace in 200-300hz and up range. Think about how small enclosures can be for 4in mids. Its SLIGHTLY bigger for 6.5s.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

No I am back on the 5”s I was making mounts for the 3” and said screw it I will make pillars for the 5 s (only an inch bigger on each side right )and I can put 3” in first so I can see how they sound ( just for curiosity) and then cut them out for the 5”s and to know I could use them if the pillars for the 5” bother me being so big.I started on them last night.

2092b3a3e4d3662aff7f7b8eb438af68.jpg

Got to go get fiberglass resin and chop mat today or tomorrow and get them done hopefully this weekend .

I mean. I see quite a few places. Would take glass work tho. Could modify the dash and possibly hvac system or build center console with mids. Seen it in the 150+ builds.
Remember. You dont need barely any airspace in 200-300hz and up range. Think about how small enclosures can be for 4in mids. Its SLIGHTLY bigger for 6.5s.

Ya I meant in the doors and I don’t want to hack up the top half of the door panels just yet. I like some of the things you did with yours like the kick panels and dash top pods and almost went with dash pods but will try this first. I would love to have kicks like yours but it is my work truck and I think they would get trashed pretty quickly down there, I got big feet lol ! And the E brake thing But who knows maybe I will look at it to put bigger mids in later. I really wanted to try to build sealed doors project like you did but couldn’t put them into the doors anyway [emoji20] the Anarchy’s are almost touching the glass now. The windows rolled down all the way go to the bottom of the doors. I bet they sound great ? Mine are sealed into the treated doors ( not just mounted to the panels) and do pretty good but would love to hear them sealed.

Ya I meant in the doors and I don’t want to hack up the top half of the door panels just yet. I like some of the things you did with yours like the kick panels and dash top pods and almost went with dash pods but will try this first. I would love to have kicks like yours but it is my work truck and I think they would get trashed pretty quickly down there, I got big feet lol ! And the E brake thing But who knows maybe I will look at it to put bigger mids in later. I really wanted to try to build sealed doors project like you did but couldn’t put them into the doors anyway [emoji20] the Anarchy’s are almost touching the glass now. The windows rolled down all the way go to the bottom of the doors. I bet they sound great ? Mine are sealed into the treated doors ( not just mounted to the panels) and do pretty good but would love to hear them sealed.
Anarchys are IB anyway. You dont wanna seal them.

Couple of off the wall ideas.

Get midbass that can do well up to 1000hz. Then do HLCD horns. They have sensitivity of 106 or some insane number but are a whole nother level. You must have a dsp and tuning to get them to work right.

Underseat midbass seem to work up to 300hz or so because of wavelengths. bmws have them built into the frame. You could possibly run 10s under the seats and mids where your Anarchy’s are now.

No idea at all ? It made some terrible noises and quit while I was driving one day. I expected to have a bad speaker or wire something along those line but it was the amp. I took it apart and checked to see if it was maybe a rca connection broke loose so re soldered and still nothing ? I am going to replace it soon. Sell you it cheap and you can use it for a good 3 channels to add to yours ?
Appreciate the offer man.....but someday I'd like to buy some new amps. That's gonna be hard w/o my wife bitching about it!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ChaseinBass

CarAudio.com Veteran
ChaseinBass
Calif
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from