CDT Anniversary Sale

Participant count
  • Participant list
My components and coaxials will be here Friday. Get them installed over the weekend. The Sound Ordnance are ok, but with the little amount of power 50w that I have going to them. They won't last long. If I was to turn up my head unit to 51 where I tuned the amps for max volume, they would be done for. These CDT HD-65.2 Mids, DRT26 tweets, and that Ex-560CDiEX crossover is gonna be a huge upgrade. And I know the HD-SEX6.2 coaxials will sound wayyyy better that the RF R2's I have now.

Now to decide if I want the image tweeters before they go off sale.

View attachment 30187
View attachment 30188
Well I finally got everything installed. Wow. I have the tweeters on Hi. There are 4 settings for the tweeter. I tried the lowest setting and needed more. So I said screw it and turned them to Hi.
These 6.5 even though they are shallow mount, put out a considerable amount of mid bass. Not sure if that’s contributed to the sound deadening. The highs are superb. Not as bright as the tweeters I had and way cleaner sounding. Now I did send the DRT26 back and got the DRT20. But they still sound superb.

Well I finally got everything installed. Wow. I have the tweeters on Hi. There are 4 settings for the tweeter. I tried the lowest setting and needed more. So I said screw it and turned them to Hi.
These 6.5 even though they are shallow mount, put out a considerable amount of mid bass. Not sure if that’s contributed to the sound deadening. The highs are superb. Not as bright as the tweeters I had and way cleaner sounding. Now I did send the DRT26 back and got the DRT20. But they still sound superb.
How much power are you sending to the set?

Put a set of CDT MO-6 Mid-Bass 2 ohm in this past week. Also sound deadened the front doors with Second Skin. For now got them crossed over at 100-125 hz depending on the song. Paid 100 shipped for them from ANS. Tbh they don't sound bad. Still have to install the Alpine XT-25 Tweeters so I have the highs coming in but for the price they do sound good. Tried to put the Stevens Midbass 6.5" in but not enough depth so waiting on custom spacer to show up then will try those.

CDT does make a decent product for the price. I can't remember what the PPI i520.4 runs at 2 ohm but that will be upgraded to the Pioneer GM-D8604 hopefully later this week, should end up being a nice increase in power and sound for those CDT's.

That Pioneer does 150x2 at 2 ohm iirc the CDT rms is iirc 125 rms so will have to turn the gain down but no big deal there. Should help a lot with those and the Stevens the more power you give them it seems the more they like it.

Last edited:
I was wrong it is 150x4 at 2 ohms for the Pioneer. Check those out that GM-D8604 and the 8704 do well beyond rated and are around 200 bucks usually when they are in stock. I got lucky with mine and paid 150 shipped on DIYMA

@AnthonyO Sundown has some yard sale amplifiers on sale including some 4 channels. If I had the money I would be picking up one of the 1000.4 they have for 320 idk what the warranty would be. Heck even the SIA 3.5K is 219 right now and I paid 379 for mine with the 2 year warranty. Even the 500.4 is 200x4 at 4 ohms for 220 that is a good deal as well. If I end up with some extra cash after vacation I might just pick one up at that price.

@AnthonyO Sundown has some yard sale amplifiers on sale including some 4 channels. If I had the money I would be picking up one of the 1000.4 they have for 320 idk what the warranty would be. Heck even the SIA 3.5K is 219 right now and I paid 379 for mine with the 2 year warranty. Even the 500.4 is 200x4 at 4 ohms for 220 that is a good deal as well. If I end up with some extra cash after vacation I might just pick one up at that price.

[/URL][/URL]
That little 200.4 looks tempting

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...