CDT Anniversary Sale

Participant count
  • Participant list
Got my comps yesterday. Mids and crossovers , I’m satisfied with. But the teeeters, not soo much. The tweets that came with my set are the MX-1.
After looking at them, I compared them with the TW-25 and they are basically the same. I contact cdt and asked the difference, they said different cone material. Specs and all are the same. I was hoping they would be better than the tw-25. I wanted something more along the lines of the DRT tweeter.

Got my comps yesterday. Mids and crossovers , I’m satisfied with. But the teeeters, not soo much. The tweets that came with my set are the MX-1.
After looking at them, I compared them with the TW-25 and they are basically the same. I contact cdt and asked the difference, they said different cone material. Specs and all are the same. I was hoping they would be better than the tw-25. I wanted something more along the lines of the DRT tweeter.

I just sent the TW26 back in order to get the DRT-20. That damned TW26 was HUGE. 1" my ass. I would have had to cut and fiberglass my sail panels in order for those to work. So I am hoping the DRT-20 is an actual 3/4" tweeter

I just sent the TW26 back in order to get the DRT-20. That damned TW26 was HUGE. 1" my ass. I would have had to cut and fiberglass my sail panels in order for those to work. So I am hoping the DRT-20 is an actual 3/4" tweeter
Hmm, that’s strange. To basically be the same tweeter as
my MX-1 tweeter which is said to basically be the same as the TW26, is really small. I’ve ran the TW before and I prefer the DRT over it. Maybe they sent me a different tweeter, I can’t tell the difference.

I put it this way. I have a Sound Ordnance 3/4" tweeter in my sail panel now. And the TW26 tweeter towered over it in size. So I am hoping the DRT-20 is the same size as the Sound Ordnance. I can deal with a little bigger, as I have a little room to play with.

I love my CDT midbass speakers. And yes, their customer service is great. They seem to always upgrade you when there is any issue with stock. And will always answer any questions you may have.

I love my CDT midbass speakers. And yes, their customer service is great. They seem to always upgrade you when there is any issue with stock. And will always answer any questions you may have.

I can vouch for that. I called on Tuesday and got their voicemail, I didn't even leave a message. And John called me back like 5 minutes later.

I was wondering about the difference in crossovers that cdt carries. My comp set came with the ex-560cdix. I wanted to know the difference between the ex-560 cd vs cdix and this is the reply. Should this crossover be a nice one? I’ve ran the Satnet 480 and 560 years ago. Didn’t like the 480 because of the tweeter cutoff at high volume. I did like the 560 though. And the 560 I used then was not the newer 560 they know have. This is the reply they sent when I asked the difference between the two.
079D1594-43E2-4150-A3D3-F6EC940191A9.jpeg
079D1594-43E2-4150-A3D3-F6EC940191A9.jpeg

Got my components yesterday. Crossover doesn't really seem "high end" for the 500$ MSRP on the set I bought (has one iron core coil and electrolytic caps) but that's probably splitting hairs. Drivers seem well built and they did upgrade my midbass to the one with the phase plug that can remove to become coaxial mount which is pretty slick. It'll be a bit before I will have time to try to install them but I'll report back whenever I do. Definitely a steal at the sale price anyway.

Got my components yesterday. Crossover doesn't really seem "high end" for the 500$ MSRP on the set I bought (has one iron core coil and electrolytic caps) but that's probably splitting hairs. Drivers seem well built and they did upgrade my midbass to the one with the phase plug that can remove to become coaxial mount which is pretty slick. It'll be a bit before I will have time to try to install them but I'll report back whenever I do. Definitely a steal at the sale price anyway.

Had I not actually sat in an all CDT Audio vehicle, I would have never posted up their sale. Plus I have used CDT Audio QES-1220 sub in 1cu.ft sealed on 500 watts and it was the cleanest sounding sub I have ever owned.

Now granted, I am positive that the vehicle I sat in was running active crossover. It was an SQ car that sounded amazing. So ever since then I have been a CDT Fanboy. But needless to say I was also an Elemental Designs fanboy back then as well.

Which comps/xover did you get?

A little bit about the EX-30

Designed to produce a crossover to the midrange around 250 Hz with a seven-inch woofer and four-inch midrange in a typical installation, this crossover produces amazing results with ease in a minimal occupied space. The proprietary series connected tapped inductor maintains damping to the midrange and woofer on all levels and interacts to vary the crossover Q. As the midrange level is reduced, the crossover Q to both drivers is parametrically altered to automatically produce an optimal crossover to both drivers at all selected levels.

The midrange is allowed to crossover to the tweeter based on its natural character.
This minimalist approach will produce the best sound in most installations. Choose the mounting position and select the drivers to accommodate your vehicle and to facilitate a natural sound. A very small, extended range speaker can also be selected to augment the tweeter response especially if a high mounting position is chosen for the tweeter.

Tweeter crossover is accomplished with a fast fifth-order elliptic that brings in the tweeter quickly and invisibly to complement a broad variety tweeters and midrange drivers in most locations. Crossover will typically be achieved around 5 kHz depending on driver selection and relative mounting position. Extended-range midrange speakers can raise the crossover to produce a blend up to 10 kHz typically.
Three-way configurations will create an installation that gives the smoothest midrange, the most flexibility in mounting the drivers for a smooth blend and finally gives the best bass impact. Midrange drivers, because they are small and require minimal enclosure volume, can usually be located conveniently close to the tweeter.
Installation of this unit is totally straightforward and trouble-free. Terminals are clearly marked with the designated connections and polarity. Level setting switches are clearly marked and each offers 3 positions. Start with all the level settings to high. All tone controls are set to flat. With a vocal recording try reducing the midrange level for a natural sound. Next with a recording that includes cymbals set the tweeter level for a natural top-end.

In the case that more adjustability is required our CDT LP-1 may be interposed between the midrange or tweeter driver and its connection to the crossover to dial in the desired level on a continuously variable basis.

He ordered 3 sets of the CL-632 6.5”/3” 3-way component system. Came with the EX-30 crossover
Yes, this. Again, I'm sure they'll function just fine, but snobophiles would insist that poly caps and air core coils are optimum for crossovers so it's the sort of thing you expect to see more of in the crossover as you start hitting the 500$ price point. I've used CDT in the past and seen them around and they perform admirably IMO.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...