cd's coming out way to hot

whitewash11
10+ year member

i have a alpine head unit (cdm-7179 or cdm-7971 cant remember off hand, its not the newest model know that) and its self installed. Pretty sure everythings wired right but my cd's are coming out hotter then they should be it seems. hasnt damaged any cd's yet but im just wondering if it is a wiring problem and then if it, what do i have to do most likely to fix it?

i have a alpine head unit (cdm-7179 or cdm-7971 cant remember off hand, its not the newest model know that) and its self installed. Pretty sure everythings wired right but my cd's are coming out hotter then they should be it seems. hasnt damaged any cd's yet but im just wondering if it is a wiring problem and then if it, what do i have to do most likely to fix it?
My HU did that until I got a 4 channel amp and it turned out that I was just staining my amp to bump. Now all is well

You will notice that with some formats it will be hotter. Ever pop a cd into your computer and hear the varying RPM's at which it runs at before the data is read? The ones that require more RPM's will be hotter. All this is just to say heat is a normal thing, it will be abotu normal until it starts damaging discs or shutting off due to heat. Also remember, it is summer time everywhere now and inside your dash is always a pretty warm place.

It's the amp inside the headunit that's getting the CD hot; Stop clipping it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

depends how hard you are pushing your HU too....if you have your volume all the way up, of course your cd player will heat up and cause the cd to heat up as well. if you play your HU with the volume up almost as high as it goes, throw a little four channel amp in there for your components. this will eliminate your HU outdoing itsself

Cybe is right its the decks internal amplifier that is generating all the heat. But you don't have to clip it to make it get hot. My Premier 860 makes my cd's hot and I'm not even using the internal amp. Whether you use the internal or not it will still generate heat. Unless of course you have a deck that gives you the option to turn it off when not in use.

My P9 does NOT have an internal amp and my cds don't get very warm at all. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Im using a JVC KD SH-77 right now and it dosnt get my cd's that hot at all. But my alpine 9831 did get them real hot! I'm not using the internal amp in either of them. Now my dad has a Econoline 350 with a old school pioneer cd player, and its right over the engine and it gets real hot. Dont know if thats the cd player or the engine compartment, I figure it might be a combination of both!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.