Humming coming from inside amp

Bass so loud it HZ

CarAudio.com Regular
I jist got a surge 2k 4 channel amp off of ebay. Every piece of equipment i own is brand new but decided to pull the trigger on this amp bc i got a good deal on it. When i plug it in theres a humming coming from inside the amp. It powers up and everything seems to work. Anyone have anyclue what is causing the humming ?i have another amp identical to it that does not hum like that. Gains are all the way down..tia

I jist got a surge 2k 4 channel amp off of ebay. Every piece of equipment i own is brand new but decided to pull the trigger on this amp bc i got a good deal on it. When i plug it in theres a humming coming from inside the amp. It powers up and everything seems to work. Anyone have anyclue what is causing the humming ?i have another amp identical to it that does not hum like that. Gains are all the way down..tia
Does it have a fan?

Tbh I would contact the seller and warranty it if possible. Unless it was used then that would probably be the reason the person sold it. If he didn't mention the amplifier hummed/buzzed like that then the listing wasn't correct and you could fight to get your money back and return the item.

I had an amplifier many years ago that one of the capacitor’s would squeal when it was cold. If you pressed down on it, the noise would go away. I super glued a piece rubber to the cap, so that the back of the amplifier put pressure on it. I ended up running it like that for a couple of years, till I sold the truck it was in.

If the amp is new, I would probably return it.

I had an amplifier many years ago that one of the capacitor’s would squeal when it was cold. If you pressed down on it, the noise would go away. I super glued a piece rubber to the cap, so that the back of the amplifier put pressure on it. I ended up running it like that for a couple of years, till I sold the truck it was in.

If the amp is new, I would probably return it.
The amp is used so no warranty and i got it for a pretty decent price. It is the toroid transformer making the humming. The wire pulled away from the glue. I got it put back and there is now no noise. Aparently its a common thing with these amps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...