High pitched noise coming from speaker that raises in pitch with raising rpm.

andrewsippel94

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello, so my front right tweeter has started making a high pitch constant tone that will increase in pitch as the rpm’s are increased. Sometimes when I go over a bump the sound will stop until I hit another bump and it resumes. Correction of the issue when going over bumps makes me think something is loose but I don’t know how that could be causing the raising of the pitch with increased RPM. Not sure where to start when looking for the issue. I have included a link to a video of the issue below.
Video of the issue

The video I uploaded to my Google drive says it is still processing when I attempt to follow the link I included in my post. It is not a large file should be done soon. Sorry if anyone viewing this h had the same issue.

What tweeters? Brand and ohm load? Are they Aftermarket or Stock? Stock HU? Are you running an aftermarket Amplifier? Do you have an existing Stock amplifier?

Hello, so my front right tweeter has started making a high pitch constant tone that will increase in pitch as the rpm’s are increased. Sometimes when I go over a bump the sound will stop until I hit another bump and it resumes. Correction of the issue when going over bumps makes me think something is loose but I don’t know how that could be causing the raising of the pitch with increased RPM. Not sure where to start when looking for the issue. I have included a link to a video of the issue below.
Video of the issue
Check all your grounds for bad connections.
Not likely these days but check all amplifiers, x overs, DSP chassis are not directly screwed to metal body of car.
If that all looks good, get your DMM out. Remove the speaker wires from mid/tweeter amp and check each wire for continuity to ground with meter.

What tweeters? Brand and ohm load? Are they Aftermarket or Stock? Stock HU? Are you running an aftermarket Amplifier? Do you have an existing Stock amplifier?
I have included more speakers, stock HU, stock amp. It’s a hertz cento c26 speaker.

Attachments

• IMG_0542.jpeg
    IMG_0542.jpeg
    615.4 KB · Views: 24
I didn't play your video, but that sounds like a ground loop. A loose or bad ground causing interference.

Honestly the place where you should start... What have you modified? What bolts have you or someone else touched. What electrical have you changed or added. Probably 6 months to a year ago... maybe 5-10k miles ago....

I would bet almost anything it's not something that came way from the factory and went bad in 3 years. Not knowing if you have done anything to the vehicle, I think it's something you or someone else did to the vehicle, and that ground has come loose.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...