Caraudio.com, I need your assistance for the most important aspect of my setup

first mr lemon, what kind of car do you have?

im guessing its a ford because you were talking about the "keys"... well, go to the store (circuit city or the likes) and bring your dad... bring him to the INSTALL BAY part of the store - NOT THE CAR SALES PART - and ask them to explain the cd player and the doors. its really quite simple and easy to remove a door panel, and if the plasitc clips break, you can buy new ones at pepboys or autozone for like $3\dozen. as far as the engine wiring? it helps current flow to other parts of the car without restrictions (im talking about the big 3) and if you do it with wire loom and heatshrink, i doubt he will even know that they are there - honestly :p

for the cd player - spend the extra few bucks at circuit city for the smartharnesses for your car, and explain how they clip on and adapt. ive installed literally over a hundred cd players in all kinds of vehicles, and not ONCE have they come back complaining that their car is broken because of it. im sure ive done the car you own several times. the ONLY time that there has ever been a problem with a cd player - is a 2002 pontiac bonniville. and if you have one - tough luck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

as far as your tire prediciment? i have no idea, because i dont know what kind of car you have. you might have to build some sort of enclosure for the tire to sit in... not sure on that one mang.

sir of armenia, you could have 50 tires in ur car and still not have an impeded view through the back //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
True...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

anybody else? i need all the help i can get. i have an undeniable article on the big three as well as deadening. i'm going to call our local shop and see what they suggest with the tire

not much more to say. just be careful, make sure your stuff is fused properly, right size wire, good grounds, no loose connections, no half-assed or cut corners.

Can of fix a flat and AAA. I can't remove my new box without removing the front seats to slide the box in.

Part of car audio is trade-offs, in order to have the type of sound you want, you have to give up the trunk space. Not a big deal really.

I worry more about theft than tires.

Can of fix a flat and AAA. I can't remove my new box without removing the front seats to slide the box in.
Part of car audio is trade-offs, in order to have the type of sound you want, you have to give up the trunk space. Not a big deal really.

I worry more about theft than tires.
Amen

I would have to suggest a different tack with your dad.

To start with, it sounds to me like he has just enough information to be dangerous.

Remind him that technology has changed... remind him that medical science, why not car audio?

Hit him with logic... from my perspective, he sounds paranoid as hell, and lacks confidence in your abilities...

its an 02 galant, and thanks for that req
Ha, funny thing...the Roadshop/Install manager at my CC has an 02 galant. The trunk it entirely glassed, upfront has a flush glassed 7" LCD, HU, and relocated AC. Has 8's glass in the doors, and components in the kicks.

Sounds pretty good for all Kicker stuff //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif ;)

But yeah, go with the Smart Harness from CC.

As far as spare, I have one....but I no longer have a jack in my truck. I used to have a can of fix a flat under my seat...until one exloded...HUGE mess. So now, all I have is the cell phone. Sacrifices...oh well.

NG

yeah i'm looking for some ridiculous logic to knock him off his feet, juts need to be POSITIVE there is no way around it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.