Car Subs go on and off.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ispeachy

So this problem recently occured, I have 2 10" Kicker subs, 1000W Kicker amp that puts power only to the subs, and 4 Kicker Speakers. I run some expensive wires that are coated with a rubber protector. I believe all the wires are from "Bassworx". So I was driving and then it cuts out, and then it plays again. The music doesnt change its the subs that like loose power or something. There were some Audi In and Audi Out cables on the right of the amp so I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it gave me power. Later it disconnected again. I unplugged everything from the battery, cleaned the wire tips and connected it all again. It started working and then the subs loose power. Sometimes when I start the car it wont work, I will leave the garage and it will turn on. I know its not blown because it still pounds when it does turn on. I never really cranked it crazy since it gives off so much bass as it is I never really needed to take it to the max.

I also took the bassworx cable that attaches to the back and to the sides with the "+" and the "-". I soldered the wires and plugged them back in. It worked and then it cut out again. Ive pretty much tried everything to get it working. Any other options? Im running out of ideas as to what this could be? Sometimes I have an aux cable plugged into the dash so I was driving and the bass wasnt working so I took the cable out and moved it around and then plugged it back in, (the other end of the aux is into my phone) and it started working. Then after 15 minutes of driving it cut out again. Thanks for any help or advice you can give! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.