car speakers making static noise. please help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

hebrewhammer

maui
so i recently installed two infinity Reference 860w's, a lanzar DCT425 and a billz audio 2.2 farad capacitor in my jeep cherokee. all seemed well at first but then i started noticing a static noise coming from my car speakers both with the car off and on. the two front door speakers and the two rear door speakers. so i went back through the wiring and made sure all the grounds were clean and had a good connection. everytime i did that it seemed to help for like a day the noise would stop. but id park my car at night and in the morning when id start my car back up the static noise was back. i played with the amp a little and when id turn down the master volume on the amp the static would go away. i only seemed to hear it when the bass would hit. i read online for a few simple fixes and tried them. i made sure my rca's werent running along side my power, didnt change anything. i tried sticking a speaker wire on the outer ring of one of the rca's and grounding it to the deck, helped a tiny bit but it was still there. i tried grounding my deck straight to my chassis, didnt do anything. im really stuck hear. does anyone have any advise? thanks!

im pretty sure its static because i hear it when the engine is off too and only when the bass hits! thank you though. i will rep,lace those and see what the outcome is! hopefully not the amp! haha

im pretty sure its static because i hear it when the engine is off too and only when the bass hits! thank you though. i will rep,lace those and see what the outcome is! hopefully not the amp! haha
also check the rca's and speaker wires for a pinch somewhere

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.