no 12v constant power!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Got a 99 dodge caravan radio,powerlocks or interior light work nowChecked all fuses and they are good. Where to check now??
what is the issue? where do you not have 12V constant? how are you checking fuses - visually or with a DMM by probing for voltage on the fuse tabs?

gotcha, makes more sense.

funny you should have that problem, a friend of mine has a 97 Sebring with the same issue. I used a DMM to check every fuse in the vehicle, both engine bay and cabin fuses. All were fine. I even verified voltage at the unlock switch - which is a digital system and i suspect ties to a body control module or similar computer. His issue is that the alarm won't quit going off, because they lost the keyfob and when you use the key to unlock the door, the alarm needs to see that signal from the door electronics. lose the door electronics and you lose the ability to disarm the alarm. it's a convertible so we didn't check the interior lights.

I spent 2 hours looking at that Sebring and couldn't find a smoking gun. Even removed the door panel to probe all switches and relays. His issue started when water got into the car and soaked the floor. We were curious if moisture played a role.

we need to look at a schematic to see where voltage is common to the radio and door locks. post a schematic and i'll happily review.

we had 12V at the Radio fuse and the Amp fuse in the cabin as well. The amp is under the driver's seat, which is where there was moisture. It's an Infinity amp and I don't suppose they put door lock controls in it. I haven't seen that in an Infinity amp before.

I suspect there is something in the car that controls both the radio and the door locks. find that, and you probably find the problem. this must be common enough that Chrysler forums would have a solution.

we had 12V at the Radio fuse and the Amp fuse in the cabin as well. The amp is under the driver's seat, which is where there was moisture. It's an Infinity amp and I don't suppose they put door lock controls in it. I haven't seen that in an Infinity amp before.
I suspect there is something in the car that controls both the radio and the door locks. find that, and you probably find the problem. this must be common enough that Chrysler forums would have a solution.
In the Durango's and Dalotas there is a module in the drivers side kick panel that controls all of te above..

To find the 12v source locate (usually) a larger sized red or yellow wire coming trough the fire wall. That should be feed from battery to fuse panel. In the event of getting wet the Control Module might have been shorted out. Also dodge uses a positive lock through resistors if aftermarket alarms u need to Diode isolate the door triggers.

1999 Dodge Caravan Alarm, Remote Starter, Keyless Entry Wiring Information

Constant 12V+ Red or Pink/Black Ignition Switch Harness

Starter Yellow Ignition Switch Harness

Ignition Dark Blue Ignition Switch Harness

Ignition 2 Black/White Ignition Switch Harness

Ignition 3 Dark Green/Red Ignition Switch Harness

Accessory Black/Orange Ignition Switch Harness

Tach Gray Or Blue/Tan PCM Coil 2.4 Liter Engine

Neutral Safety Wire Black/White Power Control Module

Brake Switch White/Tan Brake Switch

Trunk Pin Tan/Black 40 Pin Connector at Fuse Panel

Parking Lights Light Green/White (-) Head Light Switch Harness left of Column

Head Lamp Green/Orange Light Switch

Hood Pin Brown Driver's Side under Hood

Factory Disarm White/Dark Green (665 Ohm) left Connector bottom of Fuse Panel

Door Trigger Brown/White (-) Lower right Gray Connector at Fuse Panel

Door Lock White/Dark Green (-) BCM at Fuse Panel 1500 Ohm Resistor

Door Unlock White/Dark Green (-) White Connector B58 Connector 250 Ohm Resistor

Driver's Lock Brown Jamb Boot

Driver's Unlock Black/Pink Jamb Boot

Passenger Unlock Purple/Yellow Jamb Boot

Horn Wire Black/Red Steering Column

Windows Up LF=Light Green, RF=Brown, LR=Blue, RR=Gray

Windows Down LF=White, RF=Purple, LR=Red, RR=Dark Green

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Audio4ever

10+ year member
Box Chevy Boi
Audio4ever
Maryland
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date