Car shop trying to screw me.

Yes some people. Which in this case you used to imply the OP.

I would simply find a new shop for my next install.....or do it myself.

If the fine print says the cost can go up without limit and without notifying the customer that's not a place I'd do business with again.

The actual increase in price for the OP is 62%.

Yes some people. Which in this case you used to imply the OP.
I would simply find a new shop for my next install.....or do it myself.

If the fine print says the cost can go up without limit and without notifying the customer that's not a place I'd do business with again.

The actual increase in price for the OP is 62%.

Yeah, and?

Maybe this is hist 1st time and didn't know?!

Anything else you wanna comment on me on>?

I agree...find another shop to do the work. Or diy, if possible.

Yeah, and?
Maybe this is hist 1st time and didn't know?!

Anything else you wanna comment on me on>?

I agree...find another shop to do the work. Or diy, if possible.
Exactly l my point. Maybe it was his 1st time and didn't know. Which means you don't need to be rude and imply that he didn't read a piece of paper he never even said existed(though it may)

And yes one more thing, don't be so rude when people are asking for help.

Exactly l my point. Maybe it was his 1st time and didn't know. Which means you don't need to be rude and imply that he didn't read a piece of paper he never even said existed(though it may)
And yes one more thing, don't be so rude when people are asking for help.

Oh so now I'm rude?! Haven't been to the Thunderdome yet have you? Better not go in there then. You prob can't handle it.

I wasn't being rude, your opinion is biased. I was merely making a statement/making him realize the real world and how it runs/works.

Not acceptable. I've only been to local audio shops a few times for alarm installs and such, but also tint shops, upholstery, and various other shops and I have never once been charged more than $10-50 more for supplies and needed materials. Any charge more than that warranted a call and verbal authorization. None except for mechanics had written quotes, all verbal. I'm even having my car painted right now and the total is nearing 5k. The guy has called each time he ran into an issue that required extra work, he even called to tell me he spent less time on certain areas than quoted!

I wouldn't be nice at all. Id flat out tell them I refuse to pay more than quoted, even if verbal as you took their quote in good faith and they are nowhere near the quote and were not authorized to do more. If they have a problem with that you'll contact the necessary authorities to settle it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.