Car audio sounds poor, looking to upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the replies!

It's too bad about the peel n seal, hopefully it will be ok throughout the winter. I may get some "good stuff" and do my whole car some spring time. I unfortunately don't have the time or money right now =/

I traced the noise issue to my HU (thanks for the tip av83), and after finding a new ground and also grounding the RCA jacks (It's a pioneer), I'm noise free!

These threads were immensely helpful:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/wiring-electrical-installation-help/198477-engine-whine-ground-loop-fixes-take-two.html

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

My system is sounding great now, the difference is incredible. I'm looking for excuses to drive, haha!

All that's left is mounting the tweeters, I'm hesitating whether or not to put them on the doors or the A pillars. I currently have them velcro'd and am testing them out =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...