car audio newbie

Participant count
  • Participant list

xmandu2000

Hi, I've got an 03 Acura 3.2 TL w/o Navi. Stock Bose 6 disc changer has been removed because of a stuck CD and Acura wanting $400+ to replace.

In its place is a Pioneer 50 WPC head unit mp3/wma with attached iPod cable for my iPhone.

During the install process the tech has to disconnect the subwoofer becasuse it wasn't compatible for some reason. No big deal.

Problem - the 4 indoor speakers (according to BB 5.25s in the front and 6.5s in the back) are starting to sound like crap at higher volumes. I like to turn it up a lot. I believe these are Bose speakers which can't seem to handle the wattage? surprising to me that they can't. Anyway, now I am considering replacing them. I am on a budget but guess I can do this in two sessions (getting front replaced 1st then rears later down the road).

Any suggestions in speakers that will be better than the factory installed Bose but don't break the bank. I'm look at $75 a pair for the front and rear plus installation costs? So probably around $300-350 total if I can keep it in that price range.

I live in south Denver if that helps an audiophiles in the CO.

thx for any advice

TC

Thanks for getting back to me. No amp at this time. future upgrade due to budget concerns at the moment. Anyway, I ended up getting 2 pair of Polk Audio DB 651s 6.5s for the doors and just need to find someone to install it. I hope to put in an amp this summer.

You shouldnt ask what speakers to get and then go out and buy some. I had those and they were pretty good but you could have got something better. Those speakers will sound way better amped.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.