Car Audio Competition Tomorrow. Any Advice?

I'm not sure. I think that you can open a door in most of those classes. The organization holding the event is called "Bass Wars".
I would test it numerous ways. Doors open. Only passenger door open. Windows cracked passenger only window cracked. In my S10 I was loudest with drivers door closed completely, door and window. Passenger door closed window down 3/4.

So, I heard all of the Car Audio competition organizations are going to be there tomorrow. So, I will probably compete in one of the USACI classes. It looks like I would be in the novice 3000-6,000 watt class. Any thoughts? My truck isn't modified or sound deadened.

Screenshot_20211105-214632_Drive.jpg

It looks like I would be in the novice 3000-6,000 watt class. Any thoughts?
No idea what those numbers on the classes mean on the classes but the no-wall scores are getting pretty crazy. Judges/organizers will know what class to put you in and if you can play music you're not going to ever really be competitive, the point of competing is to
1. Support the organizers so that you can have more shows in the future.
2. Make the guy that beats you feel like he earned his first place trophy.

Plenty of gains for you to find I'm sure. If you haven't yet, read this when you're bored:

The thread creator tests just about everything that is reported to change your score so lots of good ideas here worth trying. Wherever you're sitting right now you can probably find half a dB by trying everything that dude listed and keeping some notes.

Jessica Shipley getting 150.1 dB on 590 watts is super impressive.

The only thing helping me would be on my side is the small cab with a standard cab truck. And the vehicle has to be unmodified in the novice division as far as I know. Was that rated 590 watts? Or were cheater amps involved. Those old Orion high current amps were rated something like 200 watts but they were really around 4,000 watts.

The only thing helping me would be on my side is the small cab with a standard cab truck. And the vehicle has to be unmodified in the novice division as far as I know. Was that rated 590 watts? Or were cheater amps involved. Those old Orion high current amps were rated something like 200 watts but they were really around 4,000 watts.
I would think they would clamp you and see what real wattage you’re running. I do remember the cheater amps, but now they have more people in higher watt classes as tech got better. Cheater amps are not really a thing anymore I don’t think. Haven’t been to a comp in 20 years though, so maybe I’m off my rocker.

I would think they would clamp you and see what real wattage you’re running. I do remember the cheater amps, but now they have more people in higher watt classes as tech got better. Cheater amps are not really a thing anymore I don’t think. Haven’t been to a comp in 20 years though, so maybe I’m off my rocker.

I think that there might be a truck class.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...