Car Audio Competition Tomorrow. Any Advice?

Bobbytwonames
5,000+ posts

Trigger Man!
Vegas
They are having a Car Audio competition tomorrow here in Vegas after SEMA closes today. Here are the classes and rules. I think that I would be in the Savage class. I heard they are doing it with a USB drive. So I need to tune my headunit to a USB 32 hz. tone (I guess). I've never competed before. Any advice?

Screenshot_20211105-111225_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20211105-111252_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20211105-111327_Drive.jpg

From what i know of your build, I think you'd be in either Bandit or Assassin class depending on what they mean by "max rated power".

From what i know of your build, I think you'd be in either Bandit or Assassin class depending on what they mean by "max rated power".

Savage or Assassin. I think you can compete in more than one class. It all depends if they consider a sub box in a standard cab as protruding past the "B" pillar or not.

Savage or Assassin. I think you can compete in more than one class. It all depends if they consider a sub box in a standard cab as protruding past the "B" pillar or not.
Does max rated power mean your amp is putting out its rated power, or are they differentiating between max power and RMS power?

Hopefully you have some test tones on a USB stick already.

Basics are take all the **** out of your car first (kid's car seats, your gym bag, toolbox, coolers, etc.). Stuff in there almost never helps. Most vehicles lose as the temperature in the car rises so do your run as early in the day as possible and definitely do NOT play music or anything on the way or at the show or until after you do your run. You'll want your battery topped off and everything cold/cool.

Some folks claim to gain by doing half a dozen coats of Armorall on the dash, dunno if it'll help you but it can't hurt.

Really the time to test to find little gains with gorilla tape, vent positions, etc. was probably last week.

Does max rated power mean your amp is putting out its rated power, or are they differentiating between max power and RMS power?

I'm pretty sure that it's the max rated rms from the manufacturer. My Sundown SIA3500 is rated at 3,500 watts max @ 1 ohm from the factory. If somebody wants to run it at 2 ohms or ½ ohm it would still be considered a 3,500 watt amp.

Hopefully you have some test tones on a USB stick already.

Basics are take all the **** out of your car first (kid's car seats, your gym bag, toolbox, coolers, etc.). Stuff in there almost never helps. Most vehicles lose as the temperature in the car rises so do your run as early in the day as possible and definitely do NOT play music or anything on the way or at the show or until after you do your run. You'll want your battery topped off and everything cold/cool.

Some folks claim to gain by doing half a dozen coats of Armorall on the dash, dunno if it'll help you but it can't hurt.

Really the time to test to find little gains with gorilla tape, vent positions, etc. was probably last week.

I pretty much have what I have. The box can't move. We are going to tune with a USB test tone tonight.

20210201_220015.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...