car antenna raises when CD is playing. Why?

akhen

Ok, so I have a Pioneer 7400. When it was installed, I loved it. I sat in my truck to learn it's many in's and outs. I noticed however that when I turned on the radio, the antenna didn't raise (I have a retractable antenna). I got the Stereo people back in my car immediately to fix it. Now, when I turn on the radio, the antenna raises all the time.

Before I had a factory model Clarion installed in my Path. It lasted about 6 years, and I played it all the time. When I would play a tape, the antenna would not raise. When I played a CD in the adjoining CD player, it would not raise. Only when I turned on the radio.

Does anyone know how this works? Why didn't it raise before, and why it raises all the time now.

Thanks!!!

Life in the big city, d00d. I have a Pioneer DEH-P6400 and it does the same thing. It only has one wire to feed both the amp remote and pwr antenna. If they didn't have it active (ON) during CD mode, there'd be no remote. My son's Sony has a separate wire for each function.

that *****. So you are saying that because there is a remote, the antenna needs to be raised even when playing the CD. Dang. Is there an adapter for this? An adapter that will allow me to have two inputs instead of one?

I have the same problem, I have a pioneer HU on a montero sport 2001 and every time I turn the unit on the antenna goes up, I'm looking for a button like they use to put on the 1993 montero that it make like a cute off swicth, but I seen to find it.

Can some give us a good idea or qhere to find one of those button?

Thanks

who the **** cares about the **** antenna, who is gonna care, woopdie do, i sure wouldn't care, it isn't like it is gonna get struck by lightning or something, don't worry about it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I do care, I already broke two of them and for both of the replacement I have to pay $110.00, thats why I'm asking.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif :nono: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif :nono:

Us this... this is what i would do not sure if i will work or not but in theroy it sould...

splice the remot wire. i hope you know how to do this... but a 1 way swich, some where at home depot they have it. hide it somehere cool... you have a monteroso i am thinking next to the... light switch.. wire it all up and make it work

PS make it look good!!!!

ok i found one for ya 2.. here is the url

http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0074852745.1022127193@@@@&BV_EngineID=cccjadcfemlhedlcgelceffdfgidgjm.0

looks like this

A19186_3.JPG

allright this sould do it.. i might try it on mine... too bad i have dual remote...

I noticed you have a RF9200 Head Unit, how is it? Are they good for the money? My brother is having problems with his 50% Fosgate, 50% Jensen set up adn is looking for a new head unit, doenst want Jensen, so i thought about RF. Please give feedback.

Lata

Brian

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.