caps when is one needed???

Participant count
  • Participant list
there are 2 parts to power

1 current

2 voltage

cant have one without the other in a car system (amps x volts= power)

caps are to maintain voltage as a reserve(they store it and recharge very quickly due to low resistance) they help "dimming" lights but their main purpose is to relieve stress on the amplifier so it can pruduce what it wants...a better wave

they dont do much as far as current that is why they started developing the batcap. if you dont run anything "souped up" in your electrical system a cap will help but remember its not a fix for a weak alternator i always suggest rebuild your factory alt bump it up 10-20 amps (they can do it in the rebuild) and then add a cap.....1 farad to every thousand watts ..you do this you'll get the most out of your basic set up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.