Can't seem to hit lows even with the DD-1

if you decide you want to borrow my DATs to test your drivers parameters ill send it to you as long as you return it. im positive the parameters are much different than the site says.
The sub parameters changes all the times especially with different recone periods so it'll take me several months of loosening the suspension to get actual steady figures on the TSPs

Its all good though, converting the port to an interchangeable rectangle/square wood port.

Main reason is when i lowered my airspace by 2 cubes I got almost a DB louder. Wood port should eat some airspace up and its infinite possibilities of what kind of tune i can do.

The sub parameters changes all the times especially with different recone periods so it'll take me several months of loosening the suspension to get actual steady figures on the TSPs

Its all good though, converting the port to an interchangeable rectangle/square wood port.

Main reason is when i lowered my airspace by 2 cubes I got almost a DB louder. Wood port should eat some airspace up and its infinite possibilities of what kind of tune i can do.
you have the copper coils? your Fs is close to 25hz and the QES is probably closer to .52. Im not even sure what you have going on in your setup. chances are they will like a smaller box from the higher mass and relativity low QES(copper has 15%-20% lower QES figures vs a aluminum coil). so im thinking 6 cubes to 7 cubes otherwise they will get bottom heavy and peaky.. but you should have just enough port area to avoid compression inside the port. which very welll could be what you are using now. if you where to increase power you would see gains as you increase port area.

last "SPL" install me and a friend kinda slapped together a 12 ft^2 box with 240 in^2 of port area with maybe 800-1k clamped power to a 9515 in a wall and managed 153 legal 156 in the kick. that was just lets do it for shits to see what it can do.. it was ****** though. a few people crawled inside the box it was pretty **** loud.. loudest single 15 install in the state in that specific class and it was just thrown together..

im about to wall my woofer in a horn or transmission line. but before that I'm gonna do a burp box and see what i can do..

you have the copper coils? your Fs is close to 25hz and the QES is probably closer to .52. Im not even sure what you have going on in your setup. chances are they will like a smaller box from the higher mass and relativity low QES(copper has 15%-20% lower QES figures vs a aluminum coil). so im thinking 6 cubes to 7 cubes otherwise they will get bottom heavy and peaky.. but you should have just enough port area to avoid compression inside the port. which very welll could be what you are using now. if you where to increase power you would see gains as you increase port area.
last "SPL" install me and a friend kinda slapped together a 12 ft^2 box with 240 in^2 of port area with maybe 800-1k clamped power to a 9515 in a wall and managed 153 legal 156 in the kick. that was just lets do it for shits to see what it can do.. it was ****** though. a few people crawled inside the box it was pretty **** loud.. loudest single 15 install in the state in that specific class and it was just thrown together..

im about to wall my woofer in a horn or transmission line. but before that I'm gonna do a burp box and see what i can do..
they are at 6 cubes per sub originally. inverting which is equivalent to 1 cubic feet gain, hurt the output. having it down to 5.5 cubes per sub got it louder.

they are at 6 cubes per sub originally. inverting which is equivalent to 1 cubic feet gain, hurt the output. having it down to 5.5 cubes per sub got it louder.
That's why i bought that DATS you can't even trust the manufactures specs to build a box. 5.5 is on the small side. im curious to see what the parameters really are.. inverting even though it gains net airspace doesn't mean louder.. I've never got gains from inverting..

how in that roof holding up? i have just 1 15 and my car is falling apart. buttons aren't working and shits coming loose..
roof is plywood and spray foamed. Before it was ripping apart, now its rock solid.

All my interior lights dont work, my weather strip seals are FUBAR. However the rest of the car is solid. Toyotas are flimsy body wise but are pretty strong where it matters (bass wise) aka hatch door, windshield, doors and dash.

roof is plywood and spray foamed. Before it was ripping apart, now its rock solid.
All my interior lights dont work, my weather strip seals are FUBAR. However the rest of the car is solid. Toyotas are flimsy body wise but are pretty strong where it matters (bass wise) aka hatch door, windshield, doors and dash.
at least you dont have to deal with a trunk.. time for a wall..

at least you dont have to deal with a trunk.. time for a wall..
my buddy's blazer with 8 12s on a 12k is completely falling apart and he's pissed at how much he needs to spend to repair sh*t. I thought american cars were tougher built structure wise... He prepped it way more than me as well. We hitting similar numbers but he's hitting them 25hz to 35hz flat on music vs my 41hz peak

my buddy's blazer with 8 12s on a 12k is completely falling apart and he's pissed at how much he needs to spend to repair sh*t. I thought american cars were tougher built structure wise... He prepped it way more than me as well. We hitting similar numbers but he's hitting them 25hz to 35hz flat on music vs my 41hz peak
20-30hz is killing my truck. Ripping the window tracks in half and stuff.

What year blazer?

29269d861b8647863e3215fe68446dd2.png
still no answer to my last question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.