Can't seem to hit lows even with the DD-1

Kdruid

I'm really looking for advice... (now before you judge I got these as a set for a gift I know kicker are not the best but I plan on upgrading someday) I currently have 2 12 Kicker CompR 800 rms powered by a Lanzar 3k watt amp I also have the DD-1, my question is when I set my LPF on my amp to 80 my SS is at 24 and bass boost is off no matter where I turn the gain to it never shows it distorts but if I turn the LPF to 90 it finally shows up but all the way up and you can tell it's to much gain.. what should I do?? I'm confused and would love deeper bass that really hits and I know everyone says put the LPF at 80 to have deep bass but I still can't get it. My power wires are 1/0 gauge the only 4 gauge wires are the ones to the subs till I can order more 1/0 wire. Please help and thank you

daaccd1e4ef61b737483626b06bd9ac6.png
is all of the specs I can find the subs came in a kicker ported box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is your enclosure ported? Sealed? And is it prefab?

Why do you have 4 gauge wire going to your subs?

Edit: n/m I cannot find what tuning that loaded speaker box is...chances are it's tuned pretty high....maybe 38Hz.

Head unit settings.

Sub level needs to be maxed head unit volume around 80% bass eq flat, bass boost and loudness off. Crossovers should be set on the head unit not at the amp

Lpf should not affect your subs ability to play lows.

You only need 10 to 12 gauge for subwoofer speaker wire. Using 1/0 for speaker wire is beyond retarded.

Id ditch the dd1

Most prefabs are tuned to like 40hz... u can go on eBay and buy some prefabs that are decent and tuned to 32hz which is lower... if u really wanna slam them lows tune to 25hz
Tuning to low can hurt lowend output. The larger box/port helps tge alignment peak harder at tuning.. The lower the tune the larger the box/port you need..

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.