Can't decide what sub to run. Rebuilding after car was stolen.

Incriminator audio is a brand name so is American bass... There just not over hyped and over priced like the sundown...
Fi, ssa, ascendant audio good options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1 on the Fi. I like sundown too though

I like the sundown audio option but I'm curious if it's worth the money over the incriminator audio / american bass 18's equal $$. A Death Penalty or a American bass vfl or HD look awsome without paying for a name brand... thoughts?

Sundown Z does perform very well in small-ish box. Not so certain about IA or AB offerings.

Civic has a big spare tire well but don't underestimate the cost of building it up sufficiently with fiberglass or the amount of volume that'll take.

I've seen great results with single 15 in trunk civic, and would suggest going that direction for more sub options that'll function well and be somewhat efficient in the space you'll have. Spare tire well should be nice to mount amp(s) and extra bettery(s).

I guess part of what makes the decision hard is both the price of a sundown and the lack of t/s from AB and IA. I'll look into what FI has.

Glassing the whole spare tire area I'm sure I'll get some great volume, I'm looking forward to it. Building the port into it and figuring volume is always a fun challenge. I might be lazy and go Aero but I doubt it. Massive kerfed slot ports are just so sweet looking.

I wonder what orientation I should aim the port at.. roll it off teh trunk like a typical trunk box?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.