1993 Fox Body Mustang Build - Can't decide on amp for my Morel Speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

JimProfit

CarAudio.com Newbie
Texas
Just started a build on my 1993 Mustang GT convertible. I wasn't going to do much, but ya'll know how that goes.

What I have so far:
Morel Tempo Ultra 602 MKII 6.5 Components for front - 130 RMS each
Kicker 48TRTP122 Sealed down-firing enclosure w\ 12" ComprRT and 12" radiator
Alpine S-A60M mono amp
Using OEM premium radio for stock look (hacking amp cable for preouts)

What I'm considering:
Morel Tempo Ultra 572 5x7 components for rear - 110 RMS each
AudioControl LC7i for OEM radio preouts
Power front and rear components with 2 Alpine BBX-F1200 4 channel bridged 2x130W 4ohms (they are only $139 each)
or
Power front and rear components with Audison SR 4.500 4 channel 130W x 4 4ohms ($550)

My thought was that the Alpine BBXs are good to use since my components have good crossovers already. 3 Alpine amps lined up in the trunk in front of the Kicker box would look awesome. No need for a fancy amp, but I came across the Audison SR. While it's more expensive, it's probably a much better amp. I think both are good options.

I'd appreciate any opinions or recommendations. The last multi amp system I built had an Alpine 7904, Alpine 3339, Orion 225 HCCA, Orion 400BDG, Orion 280GX, Boston Accoutics, 2 Orion XTR DVC 15s and some other stuff in a 1987 Mustang GT hatch. Long time ago.

Mustang Now.jpg

I would personally go with an amplifier with a DSP from Helix, Audison or along those lines. Will allow you to do everything you want and give you a much better sound overall then just using the stock head unit. Check out DIYMA there are always people there selling used & NIB amplifiers with DSP's built in or buy a DSP on it's own.

Just started a build on my 1993 Mustang GT convertible. I wasn't going to do much, but ya'll know how that goes.

What I have so far:
Morel Tempo Ultra 602 MKII 6.5 Components for front - 130 RMS each
Kicker 48TRTP122 Sealed down-firing enclosure w\ 12" ComprRT and 12" radiator
Alpine S-A60M mono amp
Using OEM premium radio for stock look (hacking amp cable for preouts)

What I'm considering:
Morel Tempo Ultra 572 5x7 components for rear - 110 RMS each
AudioControl LC7i for OEM radio preouts
Power front and rear components with 2 Alpine BBX-F1200 4 channel bridged 2x130W 4ohms (they are only $139 each)
or
Power front and rear components with Audison SR 4.500 4 channel 130W x 4 4ohms ($550)

My thought was that the Alpine BBXs are good to use since my components have good crossovers already. 3 Alpine amps lined up in the trunk in front of the Kicker box would look awesome. No need for a fancy amp, but I came across the Audison SR. While it's more expensive, it's probably a much better amp. I think both are good options.

I'd appreciate any opinions or recommendations. The last multi amp system I built had an Alpine 7904, Alpine 3339, Orion 225 HCCA, Orion 400BDG, Orion 280GX, Boston Accoutics, 2 Orion XTR DVC 15s and some other stuff in a 1987 Mustang GT hatch. Long time ago.

View attachment 39617
2 chamber 40 series Flowmasters, Headman Long Tube Headers, Headman H pipe. THAT is music enough my friend.
Nice Fox Body!!

I would do some searching around this week and even into the 4th Sales. You may be able to find a hell of a deal. I like Alpine amplifiers. They have always been some real work horses over the years and some of the most reliable amps within the market. I still have a few Duo-B 35 series Alpines and they have never been repaired and still work.look and sound amazing for as old as they are.
Back in 87-89 I have a 3525 that I placed on 4 Kicker StillWater Gold Letter 10s in sealed enclosures and it beat the hell out of them until I got money together to buy my first Hifonics VII series Hurcules amp.(still have). Alpine still make great amps today. That 3525 still works excellent today

I would personally go with an amplifier with a DSP from Helix, Audison or along those lines. Will allow you to do everything you want and give you a much better sound overall then just using the stock head unit. Check out DIYMA there are always people there selling used & NIB amplifiers with DSP's built in or buy a DSP on it's own.
Good point...I haven't even considered DSP. The AudioControl 810 has that app where you tune. Back in the day, I really never modified the manual versions.

I would do some searching around this week and even into the 4th Sales. You may be able to find a hell of a deal. I like Alpine amplifiers. They have always been some real work horses over the years and some of the most reliable amps within the market. I still have a few Duo-B 35 series Alpines and they have never been repaired and still work.look and sound amazing for as old as they are.
Back in 87-89 I have a 3525 that I placed on 4 Kicker StillWater Gold Letter 10s in sealed enclosures and it beat the hell out of them until I got money together to buy my first Hifonics VII series Hurcules amp.(still have). Alpine still make great amps today. That 3525 still works excellent today
I have no problem buying used, but it's hard to trust most sellers. I was going to go all old school, but 3339s are so expensive and all I have is a 7390. Plenty of Alpine 35XX amps on eBay.

I have no problem buying used, but it's hard to trust most sellers. I was going to go all old school, but 3339s are so expensive and all I have is a 7390. Plenty of Alpine 35XX amps on eBay.
I have a lot of old school amplifiers, and a few new. Im actually about to unload on FB and maybe even Ebay after the 4th.I have over 40 -50 amplifiers. Not looking for Top $, just moving them/ P<M me if interested. I have EQs and Xovers speakers, RCAs,couple HUs ect. Few subs

Ive been on Ebay for over 15 years, Ive been on Mobile Audio Forum.com( no longer exist)On here, DIYMA,CACO, and Im on several FB sites as well.

Here‘s an old pic of my Mustang after theft recovery. They got all my Orion goodies. Clifford alarm and steering wheel lock defeated.View attachment 39627
I cant stand a Fkn Thief man. I had a 98 5.0( I think it was last year of the 5.0s??) I liked my WS6 better. My uncle had a 95 5 spd that was a 500 pace car he put a super charger on it (Cobra) It was pretty fast. S. Charger blew. Took it to get fixed. Guys at the shop stealing parts off the car. Later Before dealership being sued, they put a Roush engine in at no charge. I havent seen that car since 2000 after he passed

Close.....OG 40 Series Flowmasters, JBA headers and offroad exhaust. Sorry EPA.
One of my old Fox Bodies. E303, The before mentioned exhaust, MAC tips, GT40 Upper and Lower, 3.73:1 rear, Pro 5.0 shifter, BBK cold air fender mount, 24lb injectors and a few other tasteful mods. I still have a sound bite of me taking off in it... spin, spin, chirp.

Attachments

• 92_side.jpg
    92_side.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 33
One of my old Fox Bodies. E303, The before mentioned exhaust, MAC tips, GT40 Upper and Lower, 3.73:1 rear, Pro 5.0 shifter, BBK cold air fender mount, 24lb injectors and a few other tasteful mods. I still have a sound bite of me taking off in it... spin, spin, chirp.
Nice ride. I sure miss my 92 and 93 Integras for sure. My 90 240sx was ok but those Integras were pretty reliable.I get setteled back down, Ill prob look for another B18 5spd

Good point...I haven't even considered DSP. The AudioControl 810 has that app where you tune. Back in the day, I really never modified the manual versions.

Contact ANS he has a used Focal 8 Channel DSP that went for 1,300 bucks and is selling used I think shipped for 450. And from what I have seen and heard from people that software is easy to use. ANS said so himself in the DIYMA thread. I will DM it to you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...