can you run a 4ohm sub at 2 ohms?

Take the + of each sub, wire them together....... and the - of each sub and put them together. Then run the 2 +'s to the + on the amp, and the 2 -'s to the - on the amp. Then your amp will see a 2 ohm load.

Depends on the number of voice coils. if there are only 1 voice coil on each sub then you can run them in parallel to get to 2 ohms. If there are more than one voice coil it gets more complicated. We can tell you how to wire everything if you tell us what amp you have and how many voice coils your sub has.

Depends on the number of voice coils. if there are only 1 voice coil on each sub then you can run them in parallel to get to 2 ohms. If there are more than one voice coil it gets more complicated. We can tell you how to wire everything if you tell us what amp you have and how many voice coils your sub has.
seriously? didnt bassin just answer that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.