Best Local Glue For Surround to Cone?

BassAddictJ
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
FL
Sooo my TRF's surround is coming off the cone (paper cone, foam surround) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif. I'm looking to get some glue tomorrow local and get it reattached asap.

From what i've read anything with the active ingridient Cyanoacrylate does the trick. anyone know what and where that might be available in a like home depot or a hobby shop?

You can find what you need at Lowes or Home Depot. All purpose goop. Comes in an all blue container with red lettering Goop from top to bottom for a label. Under 4 bucks usually.

rubberized ca glue is not flexable enough for surronds...
i know a few world champions who says it is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif working on my subs im throwing 5k to daily

i know a few world champions who says it is //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif working on my subs im throwing 5k to daily
No one cares //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I agree with SPL audio, Goop or e6000 is the best choice.

sooooooooooo before the first response was posted on here i got impatient and when to wally world for some glue. I ended up with loctite "weld", which was both cheap and promising looking.

the seperated points where the surround lay flat onto the cone don't flex as much as anywhere else on the surround, so i felt a little more comfortable goign without something "rubberized". there wer esome tiny tears at the bendy parts of the surround but i had some other speaker surround glue that came wih a refoaming kit on some 6.5's i fixed recently. That stuff was a little more flexible and better for the flexing spot, but i dint trust it to hold the foam to the cone.

I used copious amounts on both side of the foam/cone and let it sit over night. I just put it back in and so far it seems to be working. the bass output is back to being VIOLENTLY loud, and i hope the loctite weld holds over the test of time. it's rated to be fine up to 300 degrees F, so im sure the typical car heat/cold won't effect the glue as drastically as the others i saw (only rated at like 120 degrees F).

I'll keep you guys posted on if the loctite weld and how it holds up. thx for all the responses.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.