Can someone explain the Pioneer 80prs?

evil_lies

Texas
I'm just curious what the attraction is? It's about the same price or more than an entry level touch screen with time delay. I just don't understand what I am missing... Is it's network better? If you can't tell I'm a newb (or more fair to say an old guy that doesn't understand am this new fangled technology).

I'm just curious what the attraction is? It's about the same price or more than an entry level touch screen with time delay. I just don't understand what I am missing... Is it's network better? If you can't tell I'm a newb (or more fair to say an old guy that doesn't understand am this new fangled technology).
Active network capable, Independant left and right crossover and EQ. 3 more bands of EQ, triple burr brown Digital audio convertors meaning better sound right off the bat. Best thing you can get under 1000 dollars that sort of represent what half a DSP can do.

So can you run a set of mids and tweets active off the 80prs with a 4 channel amp? My ultimate goal is to go all SSA... but I didn't want to go to the DSP route. And the evil mids and tweets have no Crossover at the moment

So can you run a set of mids and tweets active off the 80prs with a 4 channel amp? My ultimate goal is to go all SSA... but I didn't want to go to the DSP route. And the evil mids and tweets have no Crossover at the moment
Yes. It will get you about 80% of what a full DSP can do.

You could also do this with a 4 channel amp that has the appropriate crossovers. They're out there, they have been since the 90's. All active systems are nothing new.

You could also do this with a 4 channel amp that has the appropriate crossovers. They're out there, they have been since the 90's. All active systems are nothing new.
amps don't have adjustable slopes. Well most don't. Some have 24 and 12.

Last edited by a moderator:
amp crossovers are pretty horrid compared to head unit. The amount of control and results possible is extremely limited.

Pretty much top of the line HU right now on the market and has been for the past few yrs or so, give/take a little. It has what seems like an endless amount of features built in, to customize the sound to your ears.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.