Can someone build me a box ?

AdamC

Indiana
Heya guys , I'm not much of a craftsman for building things , it usually ends up a clusterf*ck so I'm in need of some assistance .

Would someone be willing to build me a ported / vented box for a pair of Sundown E8 V.5's ? I'll be running each sub at 300 watts with a SAE600D and would like to stay around the recommended tuning of 32HZ . I'm more than willing to pay you for all materials , time and craftsmanship . I realize I'm new to the site but I'd like to get this done as I've been told prefabs are garbage .

Thanks so much ,

Adam

Heya guys , I'm not much of a craftsman for building things , it usually ends up a clusterf*ck so I'm in need of some assistance .
Would someone be willing to build me a ported / vented box for a pair of Sundown E8 V.5's ? I'll be running each sub at 300 watts with a SAE600D and would like to stay around the recommended tuning of 32HZ . I'm more than willing to pay you for all materials , time and craftsmanship . I realize I'm new to the site but I'd like to get this done as I've been told prefabs are garbage .

Thanks so much ,

Adam
if u can get 1 of the guys here to do it thats great but most of the buliders are really busy i guess i haven't seen them around much.. get a box design size/ port and all this guy on ebay made mine to my specs does good work., get 1 about like this but with little bigger and longer port https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAGE-2-DUAL-PORTED-SUBWOOFER-MDF-ENCLOSURE-FOR-SUNDOWN-X8REV-2-SUB-BOX/263177241864?hash=item3d46960508:g:2BUAAOSw9gRZ6V5H&vxp=mtr

Grandpa’s option isn’t bad if he will customize it. If shipping wasn’t such a pain in the ***, I’d think about. Got lots of free time these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grandpa’s option isn’t bad if he will customize it. If shipping wasn’t such a pain in the ***, I’d think about. Got lots of free time these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah thats the problem shipping big *** box is expensive.. he will make port how ever big& long u want box whatever size i got mine without carpet or terminal and double baffle.. he ships them in a thin wooden box with cardboard on top of that lol..

yeah thats the problem shipping big *** box is expensive.. he will make port how ever big& long u want box whatever size i got mine without carpet or terminal and double baffle.. he ships them in a thin wooden box with cardboard on top of that lol..
I appreciate your insight I'll get in touch with him . The box you linked me is pretty much exactly what I am looking for as the tuning is practically dead on . I don't mind spending the cash for quality !

I appreciate your insight I'll get in touch with him . The box you linked me is pretty much exactly what I am looking for as the tuning is practically dead on . I don't mind spending the cash for quality !
keep 1 thing in mind box tuning is just the box u have to subtract sub displacement to get cf ad to get port length so in other words u need to ask him to tune box at 30hz to get 32-33 ish cause they don't subtract sub disp.. thats y i had him make 1 to my specs.. example i wanted box 1" shorter than 1 he had so had to make it longer.. if that box is already short (8" i guess it is i didn't look at size) u could tell him make box like that but 1" taller 1" longer or deeper or whatever so after u subtract subs from airspace box is showing u still have correct cf ad..

Thanks so much ,

Adam
what kind of space in your vehicle?

Thanks so much ,

Adam
Here's a freebie... it's subs up single rear facing side port back and pretty small overall so it should work in just about any vehicle...

Good response too... this is for your power and looks like your SSF should be set at around 25hz if it's a 24db slope...

unwB6G.jpg

GJMvSO.jpg

Now all you got to do is get it built...lol

That's configured like this BTW...

UEvt6Yb.jpg

Good luck!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.