speaker wires out the port or drilled/siliconed

Participant count
  • Participant list

joep1231026
10+ year member

CA
has anyone noticed a difference in SPL or SQ output between running the speaker wires out through the port vs drilling a hole and siliconing them in?

I do not want to use a terminal cup or all-thread bolts/nuts (too many connections and unnecessary resistance)

I drill a 1/4" hole then use stainless hardware... bolts, washers nuts to make it solid... then a wingnut with washers to make it easy to connect/disconnect... like this...

Yth8orZ.jpg

6kCO60U.jpg

That's how I do it... lol... I'm losing major power due to resistance I'm sure... wow

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.