Box help..

Participant count
  • Participant list

Popwarhomie
5,000+ posts

Team Lethal Pressure
Central FL
My laptop that has my building program and bookmarks has black screen of death and i'm running a fever and don't care to try this with just a phone or pen and paper. Been a while since i've designed a small box lol

So anyone want to help me out here? Might slide some money through paypal for help.

Max dementions

35.5 wide

22" long

16" tall

Need 68 sq inch of port area and tune to 32ish. Sub displacement is .22 Would prefer an aero port unless I can get close to 4.5 cubes after port. Sub up / Port up.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah 5"wx13.75h port would be 46" long with your max sizes so box would end up at 3.5 cf not counting sub disp., looks like round port is in your future..

Want it in Torres?... oops... sub/port up?
I would as i've used Torres for years. Im thinking port up isn't going to happen.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I would as i've used Torres for years. Im thinking port up isn't going to happen.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
The best I can come up with is a compromise on port area and volume... way under your needs on both... that's double baffled tho... so I guess I could use .75" material and you could brace the h*ll out of a single piece... then I managed to come fairly close with a slot on one end upward and sub up... the aero is way beyond my abilities to do easily tho... you wanted port up... wanna take a look?

The best I can come up with is a compromise on port area and volume... way under your needs on both... that's double baffled tho... so I guess I could use .75" material and you could brace the h*ll out of a single piece... then I managed to come fairly close with a slot on one end upward and sub up... the aero is way beyond my abilities to do easily tho... you wanted port up... wanna take a look?
Sure. I appreciate it.

I got a 4.3 cubes net, 32hz tuning, one 8" aero port 24 inch long side firing but only 50 inches of port area.. I cant win.

Maybe this'll work... that port ratio tho?.. oh well... I tried... lol

WtvY0e.jpg

Maybe this'll work... that port ratio tho?.. oh well... I tried... lol
WtvY0e.jpg

Hmmm. Good port area though. I typed this in and im getting port volume of 1.68 and net volume of 3.88 with a 35hz tune. Weird.

EDIT: I didn't have "port up" clicked. Even though I dont see what difference it would make in volume.

If you want I can do it up in Winisd and model it for your power, then play around with Torres... what sub/amp/load?... I'll need a few to grab some parameters tho... girl is comin' over so I'm not gonna be in front of the computer... I'll be back till tomorrow tho...lol...

If you want I can do it up in Winisd and model it for your power, then play around with Torres... what sub/amp/load?... I'll need a few to grab some parameters tho... girl is comin' over so I'm not gonna be in front of the computer... I'll be back till tomorrow tho...lol...
If you are willing I really appreciate it. Sundown Xv2 15 D2 on an Taramps DSP3k at 1 ohm.

lol

Sure... I'm always adding drivers to the ol' database... Might be that port area will work... might change... ok... you want it tuned to 32 tho?

16 tall

35.5 wide

22 deep

20.5 x 3.5 x 29 port

65 inch of port area

15" per cube

4.3 cubes net

33hz tune.

Seems like a winner so far. Don't know why the 3.5" port didn't have more area than a 3" port though..

Im not dead set on that tuning. 30-35 is where id like to be.
30-35hz?... but the lower the better?.. those are X's... lol... I heard one X-15 inverted in a re-baffled dual 12 enclosure on a SSL6000... even with all that going against it... it went surprisingly low and loud... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif... D*mn Sundown X's... wish I could afford one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.