Can my ground be 3ft for my amp?

well you overlooked a closer spot. You can use the bolts that hold the seat beltys or back seats themselves as long as the paint is cleaned off and the holes are threaded. If not possible I recommend running 1/0 or larger from a suitable spot to a ground bar that can be mounted closer to the amps. that way you have a commom ground point without the issue of interfence from 2 long runs.

You trying to tell me the front stage imagery I'm hearing is fallacious? Yeah it's not THE BEST but it does not suc k!
John Kuthe...
its easy to test, sit in your drivers seat and setup the same song on your car and on your phone, put in a pair of headphones close your eyes and listen to some music then play the same music on the car stereo and see if the sounds come from the same places.

Not sure if this would help being I'm a electrician, but if you check resistance from the two points and have anything 0.4 or less that's a good ground.
When I did that against a 4AWG jumper cable clamped to the neg battery post I got 0.3 ohms but I got this weird amp heating even though the amp was not even driven yet. That make no sense to me, but when we ran a 0AWG cable from the neg battery post to the amp dist block the heating problem ameliorated. And you can't effectively argue against evidence.

John Kuthe...

its easy to test, sit in your drivers seat and setup the same song on your car and on your phone, put in a pair of headphones close your eyes and listen to some music then play the same music on the car stereo and see if the sounds come from the same places.
I don't have a "phone".

I know what I hear and it sounds pretty good!

John Kuthe...

Threaded holes in sheetmetal??? I've used bolt/nut combo.
Bare metal to bare metal is always and will be best.

And after the ground is complete, there's some sort of spray can that you shoot a little of to prevent rust. I have no idea what it is but is def recommended. Maybe a rust prevention or something...?
Silicon spray? Not a bad idea on my ground. Nice thread by the way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Threaded holes in sheetmetal??? I've used bolt/nut combo.
Bare metal to bare metal is always and will be best.

And after the ground is complete, there's some sort of spray can that you shoot a little of to prevent rust. I have no idea what it is but is def recommended. Maybe a rust prevention or something...?
Normally it's called.....PAINT //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

As for the length of your grounds...whatever it needs to be. Front to back grounds are common on vehicles with multiple alts/batt banks in the rear...pretty sure they're longer than 3'....

Imaging with headphones isn't as much of a phenomenon as it's mainly restricted to mono sounds in the center, and panned left and right sounds are distinctly left and right, without any reflections. It's the lack of reflections from a "room" that makes headphones less interesting in terms of imaging and staging than sitting equidistant between two speakers or sitting in a well-tuned single seat SQ vehicle. There can't be any stage depth with normal headphones.

Imaging with headphones isn't as much of a phenomenon as it's mainly restricted to mono sounds in the center, and panned left and right sounds are distinctly left and right, without any reflections. It's the lack of reflections from a "room" that makes headphones less interesting in terms of imaging and staging than sitting equidistant between two speakers or sitting in a well-tuned single seat SQ vehicle. There can't be any stage depth with normal headphones.
So your saying non-source included reflections and cancellations create interest and depth that makes imaging better? Seems counter intuitive and illogical to me.

So your saying non-source included reflections and cancellations create interest and depth that makes imaging better? Seems counter intuitive and illogical to me.
Yes. I'm getting back into reading 'Sound Reproduction: Loudspeakers and Rooms' by Floyd Toole. It's a must-own book on this subject that I bought a couple of years ago and didn't finish.

run it directly to the negative battery terminal lol
you couldnt run it directly down and to the left/right grounded to a subframe piece by the doors ?
I COULD have done many gnd points, but figured it was the best place to get a gnd. I already had a 0AWG cable to the pos battery terminal, I figured a 0AWG to the neg battery post would be perfectly impedance balanced up to the battery + and -.

John Kuthe...

Biannual recordings have a sense of depth with headphones. You can still sense depth with normal music, stuff like Pink Floyd, you can see the in and out panning. But it's not as obvious.

ROFL!!!! I USED to be a scared little boy, but not anymore. Now I'm an ADULT!! Scared, not really much anymore at all!
And I don't apparently HAVE a choice about "which side of the fence" I'm on. I've been called a "weirdo" most of my life, so when I was back in high school I looked up the word "weird" in a dictionary because I kept being called a "weirdo"! And you know what the dictionary said? Something along the lines of "Different, not the norm" but NOTHING NEGATIVE! So I started wearing the badge of "Weirdo" with PRIDE!!

And I still do!!

Love that movie. Easy Rider, American Grafitti, and Vanishing Point - all time favs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.