Can I has SQ?

depends on how u look at it. could get a dayton 15" for cheaper, brand new, and get just as loud //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Can AQ750 can be paired with the dayton HO DVC 12"? If so then I would be hitting the $350 mark. I'll just need to purchase an enclosure and just send it to my local shop for them to install everything.

Where can I find out if a speaker works better sealed or ported?

Also, where can I find BL curves of subs? I went to my local shop and they offered me a sub, amp, prefab sealed box, installed for $350. I think the sub and amp were both Pioneer. Is this just boom with no SQ?

Can AQ750 can be paired with the dayton HO DVC 12"? If so then I would be hitting the $350 mark. I'll just need to purchase an enclosure and just send it to my local shop for them to install everything.
Where can I find out if a speaker works better sealed or ported?
For 1 driver, you'd go RSS315HO-44, which will net you 2 ohms when in parallel. The AQ750 would drive it pretty well, but the 1200 would net you some extra due to the 2 ohm impedance instead of 1 ohm. It's not ideal from most amps, so you'd probably want something that can do 700w at 2 ohms if you want to push the limits of the Dayton.

Sealed vs ported, you can look at manufacturer recommendations, or a decent guideline is the EBP (efficiency bandwidth product) which is the Fs/Qes of the speaker. The lower it is, the better the driver is for sealed. I think people generally say 50, ported.

Also, where can I find BL curves of subs? I went to my local shop and they offered me a sub, amp, prefab sealed box, installed for $350. I think the sub and amp were both Pioneer. Is this just boom with no SQ?
here are some tests on some subwoofers, just click the one u want to check out.

Klippel Reviews & Driver Specs - DIYMA.com

here is the dayton sub test

DIYMA.com

alpine has some info on the type R

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

if u have never had a system, the pioneer will do just fine, but i really suggest against it. in my opinion it would be smarter to buy the better setup now, rather than spend $350 on that, then be like man its not loud enough, or it doesnt sound that good, then have to sell the gear and buy new stuff.

if u want to keep prices low, u can go with a single dayton sub HF, 10, or 12, up to you, small amp that does 350-400 watts, and get a box from the shop that will fit the sub. dont have to spend $200 on the aq750 if u only need 350-400 watts.

if u want to go with what the local shop has, i suggest the newest version of the type R. its probably the best bet for SQ over any pioneer, rockford, kicker subs. though be careful, the shop might charge u $200 for the sub where u can buy it off the internet for $125.

i still think the dayton is a better choice. just my opinion though

One last question before I pull the trigger on the Dayton... I really like the look of eclipse subs. I'm also under the impression that they are very good in the SQ department.

How would the SW6210 compare with the 12" Dayton? How about the SW8200? If both of them are similar then I wouldn't mind spending a little more money and get the Eclipse.

One last question before I pull the trigger on the Dayton... I really like the look of eclipse subs. I'm also under the impression that they are very good in the SQ department.
How would the SW6210 compare with the 12" Dayton? How about the SW8200? If both of them are similar then I wouldn't mind spending a little more money and get the Eclipse.
Id get either Eclipse. They are TC based. Id go for the 8200 though as its a step above the 6210.

What is the recommended enclosure size for the sw8200? The eclipse website mentions Vas 8.27 cu ft... I hope that doesn't mean the box is going to be the size of a casket.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.