Can I has SQ?

IB = infinite baffle
This //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Essentially 4x Vas, or ideally 10x Vas. In essence most vehicle "IB's" are not true IB's, but offer enough space to have a similar result.

Btw, your vehicle is on the same platform as the 350/70Z and G35/7, not the Murano (same platform as Altima and Maxima).

Anyways, the AE Speakers article is a good read. I will be running 2 of their IB12s eventually. The IDQ is a good woofer, and not too expensive.

Btw, your vehicle is on the same platform as the 350/70Z and G35/7, not the Murano (same platform as Altima and Maxima).
Anyways, the AE Speakers article is a good read. I will be running 2 of their IB12s eventually. The IDQ is a good woofer, and not too expensive.
****... you're right. I've been thinking they're the same for the past month or so.

John, the man behind AE, is going through some personal changes and is running the company solo for now. If I recall, the IB's are not in production for a while, and he's focused on satisfying orders previously placed. But yes, they have a good idea in their motor.

You sure love some Dayton //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I do, but it's not something I recommend to everyone. It's situational. I just happen to be mostly responding to threads that talk about SQ. I love Acoustic Elegance (AV series, not IB - not a fan of car IBs at all), Exodus Audio and Dayton, among others.

I do not like it when people recommend generic subwoofers such as the Dcon/Icon or whatever when people ask about SQ subwoofers. I do not like it when people recommend a more expensive product that has a cheaper alternative that is as good or better available from a good company.

I do, but it's not something I recommend to everyone. It's situational. I just happen to be mostly responding to threads that talk about SQ. I love Acoustic Elegance (AV series, not IB - not a fan of car IBs at all), Exodus Audio and Dayton, among others.
I have no issue with your allegiances ha. And as far as vehicle "IB's". I'm contemplating undergoing a foolhardy not-so-infinite-baffle in a hatch *gasp*. Maybe I have too much time on my hands lol?

Now that I have a decent sized pool of suppliers to pick... what size speaker would be best for my situation? I really like to hit the low notes, and I was once told that the bigger the speaker, the lower it can go. Is that true?

Now that I have a decent sized pool of suppliers to pick... what size speaker would be best for my situation? I really like to hit the low notes, and I was once told that the bigger the speaker, the lower it can go. Is that true?
Ability to reproduce lower frequencies is not directly dependent on size of the cone. It's a series of variables. There should be some threads about this around here somewhere.

12". That generally is true, but you're not going to have an issue with a 12" in a car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.