Can I fix a cracked basket?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Heresy
10+ year member

Going Against the Grain
Arizona
I have a funny question...

I am selling a RE XXX on ebay and just noticed that UPS cracked the basket in transit. Now, this just pisses me off to no end because nopt only is UPS a shitty shipping company, but I didn't thoroughly check the sub when I got it. Anyway, the damage is a pretty clean crack. Is there an easy way to fix this or is it done for? I am thinking that it could possibly be TIGed pr JB Welded if the metal isn't some unusual alloy.

Thanks for takin the reserve price off :pOr are you lookin to buy it?
I am sellng it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

I am thinking I can just JB Weld it since JB Weld has a tinsel strength of 3960 PSI. That bidding better get up to $200. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif

I have a funny question...
I am selling a RE XXX on ebay and just noticed that UPS cracked the basket in transit. Now, this just pisses me off to no end because nopt only is UPS a shitty shipping company, but I didn't thoroughly check the sub when I got it. Anyway, the damage is a pretty clean crack. Is there an easy way to fix this or is it done for? I am thinking that it could possibly be TIGed pr JB Welded if the metal isn't some unusual alloy.
They never broke anything I've shipped... was it in the same "crate" re ships in?

They never broke anything I've shipped... was it in the same "crate" re ships in?
Well, if the crate that RE ships in is a 20"x20"x14" cardbard box with an internal structure of OSB and 2x4s then yes.

Oh, and UPS really does break **** all the time if the package has any size or weight to it. Figure that millions of packages have to go through series of conveyer belts where they are dropped from 6+ ft, crushed by other packages, and pushed around by machines to get to where they need to go. And when human hands finally touch them when they are being loaded on the truck, do you really think the union drivers care about being careful with your package?

The Teamsters through a fit when UPS started accepting heavier parcels. They rather drop it off the back of the truck then kick it to your doorstep than lifting it. Talk to some of the private audio sellers who have shipped UPS; they are notorious for busting speakers and amps. Also, ask any individual about trying to ellicit an insurance claim out of UPS. You will always get denied the first time and better hope you have pictures or video of the package before UPS shipped it to get a full refund when you resubmit the claim a second or third time. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.