Can anyone recommend a 2000w @ 1 ohm amp please?

Have you tested with an SPL meter?

Also, have we seen pictures of OP's box and install?
56sce62.jpg

BJaNpzb.jpg

bbDl7jF.jpg

WzyJiMp.jpg

nG9wviL.jpg

no pics of amps i can get some though

Box gives you little flexibility with position unfortunately. Can you/have you tried aiming subs to the rear? Wedge some wood or something in there so they won't bump against the rear wall of the vehicle.

Don't suppose you have access to an SPL meter?

Is it worth me trying to get my hands on an amp clamp? will that give me a more accurate reading in combination with a DMM reading voltage at the mono's speaker terminals
gonna bump this since its on a new page

I set my gains before to 31v with a dmm (a chart said for 1000w @ 1ohm, 31.62v was desired voltage). Would an amp clamp help prove im actually getting that or is it a waste of time?

For example just check that if its 31.62v on the dmm, then the amp clamp should read 31 amps ? going by V x A = W

Just remembered, i did unhook my subs when setting gains, if that matters.

Box gives you little flexibility with position unfortunately. Can you/have you tried aiming subs to the rear? Wedge some wood or something in there so they won't bump against the rear wall of the vehicle.
Don't suppose you have access to an SPL meter?
looking at that picture i dont know why i didnt make use of that extra inch i could have had on depth and mounted the amp on one side and the 5 channel sideways since the seats obviously slant meaning more room at the bottom.

I dont have access to a proper SPL meter, but my iPhone has an app for it. I know it will probably be very inaccurate, but maybe worth just seeing what i get?

Waiting on a reply from the welding supplies ebay store on some 1/0 wire, i just asked if its copper wire. If it is, i will purchase enough for the big 3, and then inspect my current amps 4 gauge to see if its CCA, if it is ill dump it and get OFC

Just ordered a meter of welding cable, 50mm2, rated for 345 amps

For now im just going to use that to ground my battery to chassis and if i like it i will do the alt

gonna bump this since its on a new page
I set my gains before to 31v with a dmm (a chart said for 1000w @ 1ohm, 31.62v was desired voltage). Would an amp clamp help prove im actually getting that or is it a waste of time?

For example just check that if its 31.62v on the dmm, then the amp clamp should read 31 amps ? going by V x A = W

Just remembered, i did unhook my subs when setting gains, if that matters.

looking at that picture i dont know why i didnt make use of that extra inch i could have had on depth and mounted the amp on one side and the 5 channel sideways since the seats obviously slant meaning more room at the bottom.

I dont have access to a proper SPL meter, but my iPhone has an app for it. I know it will probably be very inaccurate, but maybe worth just seeing what i get?

Waiting on a reply from the welding supplies ebay store on some 1/0 wire, i just asked if its copper wire. If it is, i will purchase enough for the big 3, and then inspect my current amps 4 gauge to see if its CCA, if it is ill dump it and get OFC
Just ordered a meter of welding cable, 50mm2, rated for 345 amps
For now im just going to use that to ground my battery to chassis and if i like it i will do the alt
Might be worth testing your voltage loaded if the manufacturer claims it'll put out 31V, though really even assuming you can push it up to 33V the difference will be inaudible.

More power/ground wire will never hurt but likely won't be the silver bullet for more output for you.

A PROPER spl meter would give us a really good idea of your frequency response and maximum output. It might could be you're already playing 143dB which would be pretty decent for what you have for equipment, or it may be that you are 135dB and you can expect to pick up a big gain by rebuilding the box or something.

I don't suppose there's any UK car audio clubs or teams? A facebook group? If you had half a dozen buddies who would put in 50$ each you'd be pretty close to owning one of the Russian Bluetooth SPL meters or a used termlab.

Might be worth testing your voltage loaded if the manufacturer claims it'll put out 31V, though really even assuming you can push it up to 33V the difference will be inaudible.
More power/ground wire will never hurt but likely won't be the silver bullet for more output for you.

A PROPER spl meter would give us a really good idea of your frequency response and maximum output. It might could be you're already playing 143dB which would be pretty decent for what you have for equipment, or it may be that you are 135dB and you can expect to pick up a big gain by rebuilding the box or something.

I don't suppose there's any UK car audio clubs or teams? A facebook group? If you had half a dozen buddies who would put in 50$ each you'd be pretty close to owning one of the Russian Bluetooth SPL meters or a used termlab.

not sure what you mean by the 1st bit, i think the before i was set at 37v at the amp for 700 w @ 2 ohm, so i know it goes up higher. Like i say though i think maybe setting that voltage without a 1 ohm load on the terminals would interfere with accuracy?

Yeah im just going to use the 1/0 for upgrading my battery to ground for now, see how i like the wire

A car audio shop about 30 mins away from me actually has occasional meets and i think i could get mine tested there to be honest, not sure when its next on though

not sure what you mean by the 1st bit, i think the before i was set at 37v at the amp for 700 w @ 2 ohm, so i know it goes up higher. Like i say though i think maybe setting that voltage without a 1 ohm load on the terminals would interfere with accuracy?
Yeah im just going to use the 1/0 for upgrading my battery to ground for now, see how i like the wire

A car audio shop about 30 mins away from me actually has occasional meets and i think i could get mine tested there to be honest, not sure when its next on though
I have no idea what your amp does, but if you want to see how much voltage it's putting out to your woofers you should be testing with the woofers connected.

I have no idea what your amp does, but if you want to see how much voltage it's putting out to your woofers you should be testing with the woofers connected.

Ah ok

Il redo this over the weekend then, 60hz tone -3db maybe -6db and set my amp to 31v

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.